1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

In the interview you gave you said you were even more excited about the next mod than you were about this one. This is a very hopefull thing. I really love the ORAC. I'm looking forward to see the endresult of the ORAC and also looking forward to the next one. :naughty: :naughty:

2. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

G-gnome, don't worry about it or feel guilty, it's your mod to finish when and how you want. I'm happy as long as I know you're still going to finish it and post the results here sometime :)

3. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

:lol:
    if that s what you call nothing of any consequence...well...i d like to be able to come up with plans like yours in all my time of doing nothing :D

anywayz...mod on dude...nobody was waiting for you to blow your holiday away(i hope :worried: )

i hope you re going to post your next project log here on bit too :cooldude: for those of us who like to read all there is:)

4. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

what a BORING thread just spam... no wait there's a project in here OMG it's gorgeous

Hello All,

G-gnome, this is the most beautiful and well engineered case I've ever seen, despite the difficulty finding your posts in between all the spam. :wallbash:

I'm curious, are you going to stealth the motherboard in a plain chrome case? or are you going to have hundreds of 80's Scifi style lights all over it? (cos the more lights on the 80's scifi computers the more powerful it was :) )
    What would be cool is a matrix of LED's (Or Big square neon bulbs) which you could program to display some visual effects on (linked to proccessor usage???)

or is it a suprise? :worried:

Can't wait to see the finished result whatever way you do it :dremel: :hip:

Last edited: 8 Jan 2004
  5. Jonas79

Jonas79 What's a Dremel?

Re: what a BORING thread just spam... no wait there's a project in here OMG it's gorgeous

It has been stated before that it will be a surprise., so I guess we have to wait... I'm sure it will look good anyway :hip:

6. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

G-gnome aint it done.....come on :baby:

7. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

at least we already know it'll be worth the wait

8. Dakal

Dakal What's a Dremel?

Orac3

All I can say is.. I WANT! lol I used to paroose this site aboot a year ago, but then a new HDD came along (before I had Raid0) and this site and all its knowlede was lost to me untill now!

I came, I saw and I lusted... I love your Case G-gnome! If I had the Money, the skill and the time I would definately coppy almost EVERY aspect of your Acrylic Case! But My next project will be somrthing along the lines of 7of9 except more so to the point of looking like a borg cube. I'm thinking of using some of Crimson Sky's Ideas for my case as he makes his Borg Cube.

Hope to see the 'Tip of the Iceberg' Soon!!!

9. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

What is really going to be quite interesting is getting a keyboard, mouse, monitor and speakers modded to match the case because in g-gnomes own words "The result will only look as good as the worst component", what's the last thing any of us want to see on this case? a beige keyboard, monitor and mouse.

the monitor may not be too bad to do(take to bits a LCD screen stealth all the components in chrome and green plexi and LEDs and stick it all in a custom clear acrillic case (and of course cover up the cables (Two/Three Shower Hoses?? :hip: ))).

something very similar to the monitor for the speakers but reflect the look from the radiator intake on the front of the case (ie. that mesh stuff)
    [​IMG]

The keyboard you could use vacuum forming (if you can find facilities :worried: ) if you wanted a clear case for it (then mod all the internals appropriately green and chrome)

The mouse I dunno, you might be able to do like the keyboard (or just chrome a nice normal beige mouse :D )

I've probably thought about this far too much and g-gnome has already thought about this and has his own plans ah-well (IMO the monitors and speakers could look SWEET)

10. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

Somewhere in the logs stands that he will be using an aluminum keyboard, I believe from Coolermaster.

11. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

i think he also stated that he does not care very much about the rest...but i may be wrong :sigh:

12. fuzzygoblin

fuzzygoblin What's a Dremel?

hey g-gnome, ive been looking at this log breifly for a few weeks now and i feel its time to post something.

You are the king my friend :rock:

great work on the mod its outstanding, i have a few q's. sorry the search never shows any results for me, anyway what sort of cable/heatshrink did you use for the led's i love that stuff but i cant find it anywhere.

second question judging by some of the posts id sayyou were situated in australia, if so what state, im in tasmania.

yeah thats all fuzzygoblin

YOU ARE THE KING :rock:

13. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

He used chrome cable sleeving similar to this then put a tubing over it. The tubing is similar to that stuff you can get a pet store for aquariums I believe. And yes.. He does live in Australia.. In, near, or around Newcastle....
    Hope this helps :D
    Now.. read through the articles posted on the main BT site. He has done some amazing things to hiis case and gives some hiden details about some of the stuff he did.. Also, the articles are easier to read through than these logs because you don't have to sift through pages and pages of other stuff.
    :D

14. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

Extually it is the clear TechFlex, not the chrome.http://www.techflex.com/revised_site/pages/prodpages/prod_PT.html

15. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

ooops... my bad.. I knew he had mentioned the silver/chrome stuff before and therefore had thought that he was using it on this case. Sooo... I had thought that I'd go back and look through the logs and see if I could find it. I found it here about half way down.. Okay.. anyway.. It is still some pretty cool modding!!
    :thumb:

16. daria

daria What's a Dremel?

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Hi G-gnome. This is the most hardcore and best looking casemod i`ve evr seen.
    REAAAAAAALY NICE :thumb: :thumb: :dremel: :clap:

17. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

Doesn't matter ;) . I think to not use chrome Pet techflex cable sleeve the chrome don't overrul the entire theme. Now the shower hoses come to their right, same for the rest of the cabling, the green neon, the.... and .....
    Yep, I love this case :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

18. gnoff

gnoff What's a Dremel?

a truly beutiful mod, i cannot wait to start my own acrylic mod, although it will not be nearly as impressive i just with i wasnt a poor student and could get the money to afford somithing like that :waah:

i especially like the chrome and acrylic look, it puts a "finished" touch to it, although i hope you arnt finished :lol: lol

19. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

A really nice theme for a clear case. Good job and nice idea ! :rock:

20. skyrex

skyrex What's a Dremel?

G-gnome, I know this is going back in the project a bit, but the architectural mesh you used for your radiator, where did you get that from?
    I am from Aus, Newcastle area and I have been looking everywhere for it...
    If you could let me know with the price if you can remember, it would be highly appreciated.

skyrex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.