1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Wow, my first elecrtic shock!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SiMonTiST, 14 Jul 2003.

1. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

Just proof reading my post, I look to my PC and stare a few seconds...

I have a newfound respect for the machine! :worried:

2. 2pac

2pac What's a Dremel?

A couple a years ago when I was @ school we had a working area for electronics. And there was also a wall where we had
    12V~ and the normal 230V~. So I used 2 wires one for the 12V+ and one for the 12V- . Plugged them both in then I plugged them in at the same time in the 230V. I must say WOW. One big flash and a big bang. :clap: :rock: :D

3. tkwsn

tkwsn What's a Dremel?

Shocker pens. Fun fun fun. I got nailed with one and jumped. So, I borrowed it at got some teachers at my high school. Most took it well.... the ones I thought wouldn't I did in front of the whole class... Best day of school in quite a while.

4. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

i wanna get that towel that says Arse on one half and Head on the other

5. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

I was shocked by 125V AC one time. I took off the cover of a set of AC sockets (I don't remember why) and didn't realize there were exposed wires wrapped around the terminals on the sides. I put my finger on one of the terminals and it gave some kind of buzz.

6. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

Ronin likes this.
  7. dirtbiker

dirtbiker What's a Dremel?

That Weebl and Bob one is class!
    :D

Ronin likes this.
  8. Johnnyonetime

Johnnyonetime What's a Dremel?

If you're interested in seeing someone do this and see the after effects you can see it on CKY4 - The Latest and Greatest. You know CKY, those MTV Jackass spinoffs with Bam Margera. Some kid was "smart" enough to do it and the result is hilarious. :D

Ronin likes this.
  9. Ronin

Ronin What's a Dremel?

9th Grade

I was the only girl in my electronics class. the first listen Hallis taught us was how not to get shock so of course he showed us how electricity works. heheheh
    It was fun i liked it
    :confused:

anyway that was the first time it happened! :clap:

10. appe

appe What's a Dremel?

average body resistance is not measuarble. it depends where u measure damnit

11. ellism

ellism What's a Dremel?

i took a digital camra apart the other week disconected the battery and all and then i tuched the flash capacitor. OWCH! so i left it a while to let my arm recover and picked it up with the other hand and guess what got shocked in that one two. It's was only then i found the lithium ion battery! :duh:

12. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

13. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

I just shocked myself a day or two ago. I was plugging in an AC adapter for a key board and for some reason was touching one of the contacts as I was plugging it in. I got shocked a bit, but it wasn't bad.

14. xrain

xrain Minimodder

my first bigger one

i was plugging in my ps2 again and i accedentaly touched the 2 metal parts going into the suge protector bzzzt WOA :eeek: what was that??? luckly it wasnt alaway in so i didnt get more than the tingling feeling you get fomr one of those trick pens that shock you :rock:.

15. TMM

TMM Modder

yer they are always fun, my friend had one so we put a 9v batery in it instead of 3v

that has awsome power :jawdrop: :eek: :D

weebl and bob pwns!

16. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

never been shocked with all my monitor fidling, psu fidling and wiring.. I have managed to do give my self other shox, INcluding electric fences when I was 8, When I was 12 I bought a tesla coil with money won from a science fair. Those things dont really shock you bad but they generate a LOT OF HEAT! like wise with Arc welding, I was arc welding some steel plates together, and I was lifting the plate with non-insulated plires in 1 hand and Excidently touched the rod attched to the electrode to the plates. luckily it was jst down my forearm and to the work bench, But I spazed and threw the piece. burned me pretty bad too
    Also you might have seen those muscle contractor devices that supposedly work you out when you sleep or what ever (they dont) well they had one at a gym we were at anyways We would crank thing until your muscled locked, good fun.

17. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

I wish I could have seen this. I was always burning myself in welding class. id finish a nice bead then use the super-thick leather gloves to pick it up and look at it, without dropping it in water, of course. after a couple of seconds the wretched smell of burning leather hits my nostrils, and then, scant seconds later, "Hey, my arms hot". This of course was followed by myself running around yelling, while trying to remove the glove from my hand. all in all, it was pretty fun. (although i think its a bad thing that i did this about 6 times before i finally got the message)

18. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

dumbest arc-er ever is in my shop class, he welds with no gloves or glasses, he looks where hes gonna weld then closes his eyes, :rolleyes: mr. porter (my shop teacher) is always yelling at him :nono: mostly because he doesn't wear the leather jackets to cover his clothes, he's one of those kids that wears the expensive clothes... how does he put it... "I'm getting my bling on"

:idea: bright idea...idiot...

19. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

this guy sounds stupider then I was

20. instant rice

instant rice What's a Dremel?

for fun i like to turn on the tv, grab my playstation controller, turn on the playstation, and wipe off the screen with controller in hand. ZAP.