1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Modding phone

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Smilodon, 30 Apr 2003.

1. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Modding cats? :worried:

2. HQ08-Modder

HQ08-Modder What's a Dremel?

What voltage are those leds u used?

Did u cahnge the screens light?

3. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

hey now, can we get a day shot of the front with leds on\off in the light? i cant even see that solder mess you are talking about... lol. where did that cats head go? did you modd that off?

and what in the hell? that looks like a SKUNK! who would get a cat that looks like a god damn skunk =P

4. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

:lol: at modding the cat.
    My friend has a garfield we were gonna put a 100Mbit switch in... have the wires coming out its but and put the activity LEDs in its eyes. Although, I think getting a bigger garfield and putting a real computer in it would be cool.
    /me hunts around zellers for a big cat. Nope, only big snowmen and santa clauses. :miffed:

Cool mod on the cell phone. I should try that when I get a new cell phone. (roght now all I have is a REALLY old flip phone.

5. cleric_romeo

cleric_romeo What's a Dremel?

that kind of mod is common in philippines... they even invert lcd's... and is now very cheap.. :D

6. graphixkid

graphixkid What's a Dremel?

Somebody needs to mod a snowman.

*edit*A Snowman PC!!! It'd be so cold!*edit*

Okay, I'll stop now.

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I thought about inverting the LCD aswell, but i never got around doing it... and i have a new phone now :)

8. cleric_romeo

well if ur phone uses an lcd.. it got to have a FILM on it.. that's what they call it :D.... take a closer look at your lcd... it has a somewhat like a film... just remove that (very carefully) with a cutter or something... then clean it down with an oil or something you want... and lastly just invert the film in any position you like... TAKE NOTE!!! never use ur phone w/o a film on its lcd... u won't see anything on it :naughty: or if you have an extra film from ang lcd... make an eyeglass on it... so that your the only one seeing your message... :hip:

9. BlackMan

BlackMan Minimodder

thats a cool idea, i might do that one day, maybe with a calculator, good prank at school

10. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I actually did that at school... with a calculator that is... I had some small pieces of film, that i put on my glasses, and removed the film from the calculator... :)

But i did invert the calculator afterwards...

Inverting an LCD soesn't work too good though... ;)

11. cleric_romeo

yeah... one's i had that.. i got tired of it... and some say it lessen the life of the lcd... but i'm not sure :naughty:

12. dirtbiker

dirtbiker What's a Dremel?

I inverted a calculator screen and its damn difficult to get the glue off the film :(

The end result looked pretty cool, though. Not sure if i want to do that to my phone?! :worried:

13. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

yeah, put a window in the side!

do they make UV (black) LED's? that would be so cool. dye your hair white so it makes funny colors when you're on the phone.

if you do get a new phone, I'll take your old one. DIBS!!! :clap:

14. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

where did you get those SMD?

15. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

16. mikey

mikey What's a Dremel?

hey not bad moddin m8...

sorry to drag up old topic but jus wanted to let "BlackMan" know that T68i very easy to mod m8! i've had thousands of mobiles (its a sad urge i have to buy all the new ones i like :( ) .... i changed LED's, the screen, case, upgraded firmware and made lighter by removing some of the func. i dont user (eg vibrator) ... its not as easy as nokias to pull apart and mod but still isnt as bad as flip phones and motarola!! ! !

mobiles (despite peoples beliefs) are much stronger than u think and it takes a lot to perminetly break them... and nearly all parts are available at cheap prices ... for example... Nokia 3310 screen is about £10 and i have done millions of repairs on screens with this ... if u go to the store they'll usually charge you in the region of £60-70 for the repair !!!! :duh: shocking profit margin! ! ! ! !!

am new to pc moddin and hav the fear that many people have about mobile moddin with the pc case, dmg etc but i think its one of those things u get with any item u'r moddin for the first few times :)

anywayz i wld advise anyone to mod / repair their mobiles... and if they dont wanna do ... i'll do it :)

ltr peeps :thumb:

17. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

i've been inspired :D. read this, grabbed an old cell phone i had, tore it apart, and inverted the LCD. great good fun :hehe:.

:rock:

18. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

ive been infected...now i tore apart an old GameBoy Color. anyone have a good idea on something i could re-case this in, kinda a GameBoy mini-mod? hmm.... :dremel:

19. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

I'd use my old skool game boy. green and black to black and green :rock:

20. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

how about some acrylic, or perhaps a graphing calculator case, or maybe wood. or maybe just use some of that clear glue type stuff to hold it tofether (would be kind of like acrylic, but would make it look more like it doesn't have a case at all.