1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development AIM Profile and CGI programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by bHawk, 29 Dec 2003.

1. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

Umm i wasnt sure where to post this as its not really a programing question, so feel free to move if it belongs elsewhere.

ok, everyone knows that with AIM (AOL instant messenger) if u put target="_self" in any link in the profile it will load the site in the profile window.

Now im trying to create a cgi script writen in perl, something kinda like the subprofile thing, but its not working for me. Anyone else who clicks it gets exactly what is supposed to be there, but for some reason when i click the link in my profile i get an "Error loading content." Anyone have any ideas? Are there any websites/forums dedicated to making things like this, i havent found any but it would be very usefull to me if there were.

2. Fraggster

Fraggster What's a Dremel?

i dint know this, i will have to take a look

3. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Programming and devel' tbh ;)

4. Dogg

Dogg What's a Dremel?

uh yeah- you can't use ANYTHING except strict TEXT and HTML --- ie: no meta tags, no images, etc... you can really only use p, b, font, hr, etc tags. I made one at one point; you just have to make sure not to use anything except text tags; if you do you get the 'error loading content' message

5. Ravid Flux

Ravid Flux What's a Dremel?

CGI should work fine as long as it only returns the tags above. The error you're getting is coming from your server (either the http service or the cgi or perl runtime itself).