1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liquid Red Lian Li

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by n0ize, 28 Dec 2003.

1. Tacritan

Tacritan What's a Dremel?

Looks good... GOOOOD... But uhm, that's some DAMN low temps, and i'll ask the same question as everyone else, what was ambients? :eeek:

Tulatin likes this.
  2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

I'm wondering if that sensor is correct... the temp is below ambient? I find that really strange... Looks amazing. Can't wait to see the rest!

3. Skaal-tel

Skaal-tel What's a Dremel?

Wait wait wait.. you've sleeved your peripheral wires? Did you disconnect the plugs? howza?

4. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

Looks nice!

Few questions:
    1) Who are you using for your parts?
    2) What size tubing? 1/2inch ID?
    3) You can hardly see the gpu cooler, so being not red is ok
    4) How many damn HD's do you ahve :eeek:
    5) Is noise an issue for you? i see you have lots of fans, and i've heard that pump is loud as hell.

Keep up the good work!

***Edit: Take a little vid clip of when you add the die :D ***

5. n0ize

n0ize What's a Dremel?

Second attempt at this. had it all typed up nice last night, hit submit...and they forums went night night apparently :( so once again :)

-={ Q@A }=-

Green Soda ---
    1) Who are you using for your parts?

all parts were ordered from FrozenCPU.
    GPU is PolarFlo SF in red
    Chipset is also PolarFlo in red
    GPU is Maze4 in black
    Tubing is mostly tygon with vinyl in parts that it fit.

2) What size tubing? 1/2inch ID?

yes 1/2 tubing

3) You can hardly see the gpu cooler, so being not red is ok

i may go and paint this with uv red paint later. this depends on how much of a pain in the rump it is.

4) How many damn HD's do you ahve

4...and no sata :(

5) Is noise an issue for you? i see you have lots of fans, and i've heard that pump is loud as hell.

noise is actually an issue for me. however this set up is MUCH quieter than my last. also the pump is quieter than the 120 fan (running at 5 volt)

Skaal-tel ---
    Wait wait wait.. you've sleeved your peripheral wires? Did you disconnect the plugs? howza?

peripheral wires? you mean the ide or the little usb thingies? yes on both cases. the usb headers were a tight fit with 1/4 sleeving, but it did work. so did the little wires for the powerswitches :) the IDE cables were also sleeved however not in the pictures that i have up right now. the black sleeved one that runs to my cd-r is actually from a an intel server board as they come with those, same with the floppy.

Tacritan et al. ---
    Looks good... GOOOOD... But uhm, that's some DAMN low temps, and i'll ask the same question as everyone else, what was ambients?

Temps - Case 32c CPU Diode 20c CPU Socket 23c (these are from memory of MBM5 last night, i'll double check these later and do some prime95 tests) also a 10 degree drop in video card temp. AS5 was used on all parts.

pranks7er --
    i see g-nome has inspired u , the plexing with the light running through it !!!

Yes :) i figured putting a uv cathode in that would REALLY light up the dye when i add it.

GT3_GOD --
    You need a red mobo

my old msi one was, with a ti4600 that was red :) but i've upgraded.

6. n0ize

n0ize What's a Dremel?

a few things i need to get some clean pictures of just because they were unique ideas in my opinon :)

Radiator mounting. ever notice them holes for mounting don't fit any screws you have laying around? ever notice how you think something will fit then it fits off just a bit?

the radiator is actually mounted using motherboard standoffs that are threaded into the holes of the radiator (small tap) this gave me a bit of a space so that the radiator would actually fit. this let me use standard case screws to mount the radiator (after cutting and drilling the holes)

The floppy cable (that you can hardly see) and the cd drive cable are ran under the mobo tray, through a nice cut that was nibbled out.

most of the extra "junk" power cables are also tucked up behind the motherboard tray. (should i uv paint the psu? it's up to you :) )

things i need to look at doing:
    bus for the fan speed of the 120 at least, this depends on my prime95 tests later and the sound level of the vantec.

taking more pictures.

taking video of adding the dye

7. Dragosoft

Dragosoft What's a Dremel?

Sounds good :thumb:
    C'mon hurry up... :hehe:

8. zachypoo

zachypoo What's a Dremel?

Very nice looking everything looks good together

9. n0ize

n0ize What's a Dremel?

ok so i snapped a few pictures of the things i wanted to snap pix of.

downward shot of the radiator mounting showing the motherboard standofs used to mount the radiator.
    [​IMG]

sideshot showing the cut out. perhaps i'll mold this too...it is kinda hidden though.
    [​IMG]

close up of the mess of my harddrives...yes they are all sleeved. and the little bit that you see that don't look sleeved, thats where the shrink didn't go all the way up to the molex.
    [​IMG]

the cut in the mobo tray that i feed the floppy and cd cable through. both black sleeved as they came that way.
    [​IMG]

shot at the bottom of the res, no the cable to the cathode isn't sleeved. it's just a temp cathode until the uv get's here (prays for fedex 2marrow)
    [​IMG]

temps? 35c 26c and 20c. yes i am just this horrid that i can't do a sceen snap and crop it. this was after letting prime95 run for ummm well that was 30 or 45 minutes or so on the "maximum heat making" setting of prime95.
    [​IMG]

now when i add the dye i need to take a video so to test my video skills and the cameras ability.... i give you link to video to kind of explain why i wanted the res the way i did. it is in a wmv format. didn't come out to bad. Res Movie

10. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

nice vid, but next time don't compress it quite so much - it's a little hard to see. you could save some file space by not including a sound channel. (don't know how to do this)

11. n0ize

n0ize What's a Dremel?

only thin is...all i have access to is windows movie maker and i have no clue how to use that. next vid i won't compress :) cuz that one should be the adding of the uv dye.

12. n0ize

n0ize What's a Dremel?

well it does look blood red wanna see???
    [​IMG]
    well pinkish blood under the flash

without the cathode on it does look kinda nice
    [​IMG]

kick on the cathode and we get something like this
    [​IMG]

top res from the bottom with the uv on
    [​IMG]

shot of the side with the uv on
    [​IMG]

just the bottom cathode set
    [​IMG]

i have some more sleeve'n to do with some of the cables (what fun that will be with it all in there already)

OHHH and because someone said i REALLY should do it here is the video.

weee what fun that all was and it's still not complete. have some red lianli screws hopping over, some more sleeve'n and an etch test with some clear uv paint.

13. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

If it was below ambient there would be some frost forming...Something is either misreading from mbm or your lables on the sensors are wrong....

14. olv

olv he's so bright

plus i suspect that your waterblock is not performing at it's best because you are splitting the flow right before it which will hinder its performance to a degree. The tube routing benefits might out way this for you though.

15. ////\oo/\\\\

////\oo/\\\\ Minimodder

n0ize, it's to narrow for your blocks but you may be interested in this Red UV PVC Tubing, third from the bottom :cooldude:

16. Incorpirate

Incorpirate What's a Dremel?

all i can see is w00t!

17. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

blood on your water-cooling system..... :baby:

18. n0ize

n0ize What's a Dremel?

mmm i'll have to snap a few extra pics later. i've added two uv cathode fan grills. and sleeved more of the wires. also found a use for that odd litle molex connector thats on the outside of antec psu's. i have 4 nice red cathodes (with sound module) lighting my desk :)

few things i've decided on should i ever attempt something like this again. or things that may help others.

when ordering, expect problems and mix ups.

of the two maze4 gpu blocks i've worked with i've noticed the same thing in both of them. a strip of teflon tap across the rear of the nozzle. also on the one that is in my system the nozzles almost look like they are different (i'll have to dig up the pics) also if you look at any of the pics of the top of the video card you'll notice that i didn't use those nice brass nuts that usually come with them. reason being is they were different sizes. one of the nuts was the wrong size and just slid right over the threading.

if you plan on using a polarflo chipset/gpu cooler beaware that they do not springs to apply the pressure, but instead they use how ever tight you can get them. in this case that means installing the cooler with your board off of the plate so you can hold a screw driver while you finger tighten the nuts. trust me on this, it's a pain.

i always thought them spings were kind of a standard for water blocks, i've seen them on just about every block i've seen. however the polarflo doesn't use any springs. the amd socket thing clips on your retaining clips and then you screw the block down into that. making sure you get all your cornors even.

when ordering sleeving get enough the first time. the psu sleeving kit was enugh to do almost everything i needed. the shrink wrap even fit over bending my psu connector. the smaller stuff fit nice over the floppy power connector. naturally i needed more so i orderd more. and wouldn't you know it if none of the shrink wrap fit over anything again. maybe i'm just nuts or missed something but i'd imagine that these things should have been constant. so in short get your shrink tubing locally, heck get it with that nice sealing glue too if you can.

also for the record the mbm5 labels were wrong (so much for the installer being right :( ) the cpu temp is the "case" temp and the "cpu diode" temp is the case temp. at least thats what i can gather from what the asus probe says vs. the mbm5 probe.

19. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

hehe, thats a sweet idea. Nice mod dude :D

20. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

:naughty: I love the top !! :p good work