1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Anime

Discussion in 'General' started by Bentos, 12 Jan 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

just thought id find out how many people on the forums watch anime, what their favourite is (and why), and what theyre watching atm.

fave series:
    either neon genesis evangelion or cowboy bebop, both just great storys, neon gen is really perculiar aswell

atm: earth defender mao-chan
    just bizzare, highly cute (not as cute as di gi charat tho)

oh and continuingly watching naruto, so very cool.

would list everything ive watched, but its a big list.

Bentos

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

fave series definitely cowboy bebop
    fave film probably GITS, or cowboy bebop

im not an anime fanatic but i do enjoy most of it

3. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

GITS is a good choice. theres a sequel coming out this spring in japan, its called "Innocence", it follows on from the end of GITS. the trailer looks fantastic, prettiest cg/animation ive seen.
    production cost was around $8million, and has been in development since they finished GITS, so it should be awesome.

I just hope it gets a general release over here, it might, with the popularity of Spirited Away being so high. would be cool to see it on a huge screen with surround sound, hmmm, tasty.

4. Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark What's a Dremel?

wouldn't say it is my favourite, but I can always watch Devil Man, I like that one.

and kinda off the topic a shade, I really like the live action film Gunhead. Must try and get a hold of that again

5. digitalattrition

digitalattrition What's a Dremel?

definately cowboy bebop and GITS: SAC

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

DBZ
    Transformers :worried:

7. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

cowboy bebop :)

8. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

transformers, interesting choice. it was and is very cool.
    it seems the general jist of things is that everyone seems to like the defaults i.e. cowboy bebop and gits.

i was reminded by gaz (my housemate) that trigun rocks really hard.

i watched most of dbz on cartoon network, but had to *cough* download *cough* the rest of the sagas. twas a quality anime, possible the first i watched fully.

9. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

nice avatar Bentos. "Sexy No Jutsu" :rock: :D

Speaking of that That is currently my favorite anime,

Naruto

then Cowboy Beebop

and DBZ.

:thumb:

10. kiltman

kiltman Victory is Mine!!

i would say my favourite has to be the guyver that rocked

11. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

the guyver was cool, them original theme tune rocked, the "ban-now" wail of the guitar, hehe.

i think its being released on dvd, but im unsure.

12. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I happened to catch an episode on some random channel a while back and it reminded me that I used to watch it as a kid. Got me hooked again.

The Junkions :rock:

13. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

most of the trasformers ive seen, ive had to watch again. certain episodes make absolute no sense, like starscreams ghost, no plot, really bizzare.

i guess the lack of plot didnt bother me when i was younger, and i think the action and bright colours made up for it.

14. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Unless you actually understand who each charactor is and whats happened to them before, the plot can become confusing!

15. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

record of lodoss war. i absolutely love the setting and story, and it's got a 13 episode series, so there's enough to get your fill.

16. ChillingSP

ChillingSP What's a Dremel?

I'm not an expert.
    Is Berserk an anime? I like it :D

17. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

Lets see, for me it would have to be either Chobits,Love hina,Shamen King,Lain, Scryed, I dunno.. I can't just pick one fav.. I have watched to many animes to have a fav.

18. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

ChillingSP:
    yep, beserk is an anime, and a very good one a that.
    gats - the man who killed 100 men all at once, which is more than impressive. beserk is a very good story aswell, bit of a weird twist at the start/ending though.

Gnemelf:
    i watched love hina so many times, still makes me laugh. plus im a sucker for a love story.
    chobits is quite cool, i love sumomo when shes in the RPG and is mahoosive, hehe. new series called "chibits" on its way, starring sumomo and her little friend.
    i know what you mean, its hard to chose a fave

kiljoi:
    ive not seen "record of lodoss war", might try and find it somewhere. and as for recommendations (from other thread), it all depends on which type of genre. a good place to start is www.animenfo.com , information on pretty much all anime.

lastly, a blast from the past here: ulysses 31 and jayce and the wheeled warriors, both used to be on channel 4. they were awesome!
    i have all of ulysses 31, but cant find JatWW anywhere. any ideas ?

Bentos

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

A lot of people like these, i cant really see the atraction of either. Ive not really watched Naruto really mind.

GITS:SAC is sheduled to be shown in the US on sky in april apparently, which means the dub has already been done and should be available on R1 DVD sometime around then! :thumb: (so ive been informed).

Beserk has poor animation, like Gundam wing, put me off. I dont really like the way japs do love storys really, some are good; full metal panic! and fumoffu! most notibly.

So many to list as good animes:

Cowboy Bebop,
    Read or Die, OVA and TV
    Escaflowne
    Hellsing
    GITS and GITS:SAC
    Excel Saga
    Full Metal Panic
    Fumoffu
    FLCL
    RahXephon
    Eva
    Pat Labour (movie)
    Perfect Blue
    Trigun
    Gunslinger Girl
    Cat Returns
    Jin Roh
    Full Metal Alchemist

Umm..
    Anything Studio Ghibli
    Last Exile, although i havent watched much of it
    Macross Plus
    Macross Zero

That's all off the top of my head anyway. Im sure others will recommend more but those are what ive seen that are worth mentioning. If anyone wants any links to DVDs ill be happy to give.
    If ur at uni find ur anime society - itll knock u for 6 the amount some people know about this stuff.

20. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

hmm, i guess people like dbz because of its easy access. it did appear on cartoon network a few years ago, along with gundam wing and tenchi muyo!, and is still being aired on toonami (ggrr, damned lack of adult swim in uk).

naruto, its just plain overwhelming. once you get into it, it is really good, took me a while, just like it did with getbackers, but im hooked, and cant wait for the film.

thats a big list bindibadgi, ive seen pretty much all on the list, a fan of most, with few exceptions.

i see you picked a lot of the stuff thats airing in japan atm. i find it difficult to keep up with a lot of anime series all at once. so tend to stick with complete series, with a couple of new eps a week.

it would be nice if york uni did have an anime club, but they dont, will look into starting a soc next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.