1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Call of duty sky?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by asfd, 10 Jan 2004.

1. asfd

asfd What's a Dremel?

Is the sky in call of duty very ugly or is my video card acting funny?

2. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

Lol i think its your video card. i got the game and sky looks great,
    try going to latest drivers for your video card and see if that fixes it :rock:

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

This has cropped up before. I cant remember exactly what to do but try changing the display properties to 24-bit or 36-bit or whatever. MEss about with the colour depth anyway.

4. mushky

mushky gimme snails

found this:
    "The second problem is the default texture quality that is set on ATI cards. ONLY on the highest quality will the driver allow textures to be stored at 32bit colour depth. This is really annoying because with the default settings you run the game at 32bit resolution and yet you end up with 16bit textures which, quite frankly, look complete crap. My game has been designed to look good in 32bit, it looks **** in 16bit and I wonder how many people have played it with these default settings and then thought it was rubbish? :( Always set texture quality to highest on your Radeon! On a side issue connected to this, I tried updating my drivers to the latest ones from the ATI site. I installed them following all the instructions but whatever I set for the texture quality it was ALWAYS 16bit! This was really annoying and I had to go back to the drivers I got with the card :("

RobbieGSM likes this.
  5. PTK

PTK What's a Dremel?

That was a problem with 3.6 and 3.7 driver sets, the 32-bit should work just fine with high quality textures and game set up as 32-bit.

:thumb:

PTK

Tags: