1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liquid Red Lian Li

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by n0ize, 28 Dec 2003.

1. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

I love it! No need to elaborate, it's all superb work :thumb:

2. n0ize

n0ize What's a Dremel?

i had to add more uv lights...only thing is for some reason i have HORRID luck with uv cathodes. one inverter decided to just die and then one of my cathodes just decided to up and die. so i'm missing one ofthe rings above the fan. it's sad cuz they were a pain to get to fit together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yes my desk is a bit of a mess. the keyboard has been a faithful sidekick for 5 or so years each key done by a different friend :) my gal isn't to extrodenarly fond of the red cathodes, as long as i don't switch them to sound sensitive it don't bother her much.

now to get suse9 on there and start some over clocking :) :) :)

3. 1398342003

1398342003 Ubermodder

This mod is COOL. I love how the red/orange/blue uv reactive stuff looks. :rock: :thumb:

4. lazychook

lazychook What's a Dremel?

dude, no offence or anything...but what is up with your keyboard?
    looks like your sister attacked it with some texters when you wernt home or something... may i suggest red cathodes or leds under the keys? that would look good. other than that you ahve done a fantastic job. i admire your work

5. n0ize

n0ize What's a Dremel?

like i said that keyboard is like 5 years old...enuf to date back to my "herbage" *sniff* ya didn't notice the zarus in the top right cornor though.

6. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

WOW this red uv die is great :thumb: you ve done an excellent job with this case, btw i love your desk red ambiance like a submarine desk :clap:

7. t.n.

t.n. What's a Dremel?

im sorry if this has been answered before, but what brand is your ccfls? the round one.

i got the same problem with you before with the sunbeam round ccfl dead after few weeks of use.

8. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: Sunbeam's CCFL dei after few weeks? holy ! About the case... You should one more UV CCFL on the top of the case. I can see it not bright enough in the pic ! :grr: It is a pity that there are no red UV dye .

9. t.n.

t.n. What's a Dremel?

thats the only sunbeam ccfl i owned died. the other still working fine for around 1 year+. maybe I got bad unit that time :sigh:

10. NeWbIeMoDDer252

NeWbIeMoDDer252 What's a Dremel?

wow i love it...normally i HATE the messy look but it looks soo cool in your case man.. Keep up the good work

11. Skaal-tel

Skaal-tel What's a Dremel?

I love the red blood going through the tubes.. i havent been in these forums for a while- but excellent mod dude. Very smooth with the uv stuff as well.
    To rephrase my original question: holy "crud" all the cables coming out of the back of your computer are sleeved in bright blue.. the one that puzzles me most is the monitor cable... I don't think mine even detaches from the monitor. How did you fit 1/4 inch sleeving over the end?
    Anyhoo. good work!

12. n0ize

n0ize What's a Dremel?

ohhh that blue isn't sleeveing :) it's the kvm cables. kvms are SOOO handy when you have to work on someone else computer and keep access to your own. very worth it.

yes the round cathodes were from sunbeam. i don't know what the sticks were. i'll have to find where i ordered them from and check, one of them burned out to. the red cathodes under my desk are also sunbeams and havn't had any problems with.

i have ran into one little problem. i someone have a very tiny leak in the top of my res. it doesn't leak reliably, but it does sometimes leak water. this is not a good thing. so i've decided to bite it and just get a res. needless to say this did not work. ordered the dual 5 and quarter res from frozencpu and went to go slide it inot the bay and and .... NOOO IT DON"T FIT! it's just a few butthairs to wide on both sides :waah: :waah:

once i get that to fit, i have a nice etch and uv led window made up for the top. :)

13. ynema

ynema What's a Dremel?

Awsome mod. I love the UV effect that you've got going and it's cool to see what other PC 7x owners are doing to there cases.

Also I all my time I've never had a cold cathode die on me (touch wood) the only thing that ever died was a Blue LED fan and that only died After I sold My first case Mod (Fan included) to a mate. Maybe I'm just lucky or something. I've alway bought them from the same place PC Case Gear Maybe they will last longer.

14. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

I LIKE IT

the desk is a bit much, but that is just meh... love the uv stuff in the case... keep it up man :thumb:

15. KypD

KypD What's a Dremel?

yeah, i agree with enigma, i wouldn't want to spend good money on cathodes that take over the job the lights in my room do. :p

but i can see why this project has been rated 5/5, everything is well done, along with some innovative ideas i never even though of before, such as the CCL through the res.

i have one question though: on the little "triangle" cutout in the window, on the "base" and "height" sides of it, there is a little semi-circular indent in each. was that just a cutting mistake, or intentional?