1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UTMod 7-14-04 Final Pics.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sheldog23, 16 Jan 2004.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Heh, heh, heh... Now THAT's a UT Mod! :thumb:

Thanks for pushing back the frontiers of modding a bit further, dude! :rock:

2. graphixkid

graphixkid What's a Dremel?

Alright, where do you get a laser cutting machine?

3. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

Wow, Thanks for all the compliments. It's really not that complicated a mod compared to some I have seen around this forum though. I think this forum has the best modders I have seen on the net. It's very humbling.

As for lasers. You can buy a laser at this link here. These are the best for beginners and most things for cases won't exceed its table size limit. http://www.engravingsys.com/versalaser.htm If you need more power and size I would recomend going to an Epilog. They are just as good as Universal lasers but a bit cheaper.

You have to use corel or some graphics program to create you vector artwork but then its just like printing on a laser printer. It takes a bit getting used to your machine but once you do the possibilites are endless.

4. Jivecat

Jivecat What's a Dremel?

Ever thought of doing a guide for how to make one of those strip heaters? I'd be very interested in the details. :thumb:

5. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

:eeek: :eeek: :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

That is all :D

Great work!

6. vonkaar

vonkaar What's a Dremel?

Tap Plastics sells the heater-strips. They are pretty easy to use, although don't let that statement take away from the God-like bending present in this mod. This is an especially nice series (Martini and UT-mod) due to the simple fact that *I've never heard of you before now*!! Where have you been hiding? These mods have bit-tech quality all over it! Again, very very nice work.

7. Sheldog23

Wow, Thanks. Although I don't think I am up to bit-tech quality yet.

As I said I am new to this modding thing. I have been making custom signs and creating some of the wierdest stuff here in our shop for a while. (Just got done making a sign that looks like a giant clothes hanger?) So when I saw what some people were doing online with windows and cathodes I just thought. That looks like fun, maybe I will give it a shot. Being a pent up artist in a world that classic art has died...I kinda vented on my cases.

8. Zilly

Zilly What's a Dremel?

Wow, thanks for sharing this project.
    I really enjoyed this and the other projects on your site!

You're an inspiration! :clap:

9. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

WTG Sheldog!

Very nice work on this case (and the Martini case). :dremel: :thumb:

Also, thanks for sharing your idea for an acrylic bender - I might just have to make one of those! :cooldude:

:)

10. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

If you need any insight into customizing your LCD just give me a hollar.
    [​IMG]

11. milgo

milgo What's a Dremel?

great work mate. I cant bend small pieces of plastic with those heaters so well done to you :) you say on your site that you used a shuttle mobo etc. Any chance you would be selling the shuttle case? I would be seriously interested in buying it! email me at milgo@btinternet.com if you would like :)

12. Sheldog23

I have added the Hyperlight and some white LED fans. Although it's color does not match the LED's. So I may have to change it over to some superbright LED's strategically placed. I will live with it a while and see. I also added a CD Drive button on the back of the case so I don't have to push against the faceplate of the cd to open it. The buttons on the face of the CD drive made my cover stick out in a strange way. Now it is more "stealthy". I did a lot of rewiring and stuff that you can't see. Also added a new 60gb hard drive. That old 8gb was to slow and was driving me crazy. I almost forgot I added the smartfan II and painted it silver from orange. Now at full speed my system stays at 27C and when I turn it down it still runs at only 32C. A big improvement from that junky clear fan.

Here are some Misc. Pics of the improvements. Sorry if the pic quality is bad, my wife was yelling that the movie was starting. :lol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The CD Drive Button:
    [​IMG]

I still need to mod the keyboard and Mouse. Unfortunatly, I ordered them online and thought they were USB, but they turned out to be PS2 :duh: So I don't know if I am going to use them for this mod. They were cheap at least.

13. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Looks good

Goodwill computers on Hwy 183 usualy has cheap USB keyboards.
    They usualy need some through cleaning with alcahol though.
    (But no optical mice)

14. Bust_A_Cap

Bust_A_Cap What's a Dremel?

WOW....that bending is awesome!!!!!
    I really like how you put the design on the front of the caase....could you give me some information on what used for the front piece...what material...just some basic stuff about putting a decal on the front.
    I don't know if i like the colored fan to much though....maybe you should just put in some really bright blue LEDs like you said before!!!!!
    Great Modd!!

15. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

i am not seeing how this is a log, looks to me like it is done :eyebrow: . correct me if i am wrong but wouldnt this go in modding, not project logs.

on another note, nice job. it sure looks like you put alot of work into this case. :clap:

JEEVES

16. Sheldog23

I had the front artwork printed out using a Gerber Edge onto white Vinyle applique. You can get one done a kinko's or a sign shop in your area most likely. If they have a Printer with UV stable inks that will work also.

I am confused about the fan thing. You don't like the white LED fans or the Silver painted fan on the CPU? Either way I had always intended for the top section to be lit with white light and the bottom blue. My only problem was finding a "good" clear fan with high CFM for the CPU.

As for the project log thing I was unsure about where to put this too. Since it was not yet complete when I first posted (although nearly) I felt that my web page log and the future modifications needed fit it better here. Although the "case" itself is now complete,this is going to be a whole package PC. I will eventually have matching modded Keyboard/mouse and LCD when finished. If I posted it in the wrong section I apologize, call it a noob mistake :duh: :D

17. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

This is amazing!

DO you do custom jobs? Like if I send you the dimensions of what I need, could you cut it for me? Of course, I can pay you for it, I just dont have the tools :grr:

18. Sheldog23

Here is an update. The keyboard is almost finished. I still need to run the either white or blue EL wire and change the LED's that indicate caps lock and num lock to blue. I also need to print out a cool label for the LED location. But you get the Idea. The mouse and belkin nostromo are next.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

hope u knw where the keys r :p

20. Sheldog23

Yeah, I have been typing so long I don't Need them. I just apodied this no problem. :D