1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Creature Of The Night -- update 27/02/2004 W/C and LCD stealthed :D

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by malcs, 15 Jan 2004.

1. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

NEW PROJECT!!!! :dremel: :dremel:

this time i am going for smooth clean lines and an air of subtelty and class about the whole piece. The case i am going to be modding is a Coolermaster Centurion which i bought the other day, and received today in the post. First impressions of the case are amazing looks, really really nice clean lines already and a flawless finish. on a more detailed look into the aluminium chassis, it appears that the back plate is made out of a rather thin metal, but all the edges are nicely rounded over, there are carry-handles in the case, and there is only one thumbscrew to dismantle all three panels which is a godsend for last minute changes. this also means that when i fit a window it can be really big due to the slide up and away nature of the panels. On the list of things to be done in this project is a really large, square window in the side of the case, i want to be able to see everything this time :), improved cooling throughout the case although it aint bad as it is, LCD screen in the front of the case, there is a perfectly situated double floppy bay where i can have it :). As to the rest of the mods, i guess i shall see what i come up with as i go along... i want to do some stuff with plexi. stealthing the drives goes without question i guess although i was thinking of doing a spring loaded stealth. colour scheme will be blue and black as there are already blue power and HDD light buttons, and i have a few blue cathodes already. also the graphical LCD bought on the order is a blue one so i guess its just going that way anyway.

so... on to the pics.

This is the Front of the PC.. i have removed the coolermaster case badge that was on one of the drive bays as it didnt fit in with the overall theme
    although you can still see it here
    [​IMG]

This is a perspective view of the case, you can see how nice it looks a bit better from this POV.
    [​IMG]

this is another shot of the front of the PC when it is on, you can see the cathode glowing through the grille and although it doesn't look like it because the flash was on, there is actually a black grille in the rounded square holes which diffuses the blue light a bit. The power light is really that bright :) i think it looks real good lol
    [​IMG]

some naked pics :)

This is a pic showing the flower cooler :) and some heatshrink coming off a sleeve that i Really Should Fix :) i will tomorrow dont worry lol
    [​IMG]

This is a pic showing the case with the covers off i have tried to hide the wires unfortunately though the case came with a lot of cables for headers at the front and i dont know of another place that i can put these.. power for the cathode runs down the other side of the pc which leaves only the sleeved wires going down to the HDD
    [​IMG]

And finally to allow for the name :) here is a night shot that i took with my cam (sony DCR-IP55e)
    [​IMG]

also i have some interesting ideas for the window :)

stay tuned.

-malcs

Last edited: 28 Feb 2004
  2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Very "Silent Hill", that last picture... Those black Centurion Coolermaster cases look the daddies... Have fun! :dremel:

3. malcs

i will :p thanks :D

4. malcs

arse... double post ...

5. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

It 's a really nice case ! keep up the work ! I'm looking forward for your updates! :rock:

6. malcs

update :)

i stealthed the DVD drive today, and when asked to point it out, all 3 other people in my family pointed to the wrong blanking plate. must have done a pretty good job with it :p.

preparation has started for the LCD, i have been soldering lpt ports etc in readiness :D

7. Incorpirate

Incorpirate What's a Dremel?

cool keep pics etc flowing :D

once i have finished project c2 (£100 project first mod practise) i will be buying a lian li pc-61 and over the summer trying to make a very slick case.
    i am hoping to raise about £550 by the summer so should make a nice lil case. lil more than the £100 i have spent on the c2 project :p

8. malcs

OK UPDATE With pics!!1

stealthed drive :)
    closed :)
    [​IMG]

open
    [​IMG]

thinking about dying that bezel black :)

Last edited: 18 Jan 2004
  9. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

Hm... That should be your first mod of your case :naughty:

10. Incorpirate

mm yummy :D
    i love stealthed drives

11. best49erfan

best49erfan What's a Dremel?

looks good so far!

12. malcs

um... it is :)
    unless you count putting in 2 cold cathodes

13. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

:D Adding CCFL is light mod !! :hehe:

14. Incorpirate

lol modding it altering something
    adding lights doesnt reeeeally count or does it?
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm

15. malcs

umm have i missed something here.. stealthing drives = mod..

16. Incorpirate

thats what im saying
    do caths count as modding? some one said that stealthing should have bene the first mod...

17. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

i think he meant dying the bezel black should have been the first mod, THEN stealthing it?

either way the stealthed drive still looks sweet!

18. TetarZ

TetarZ What's a Dremel?

You should paint the cd black. Otherwise nice case.

19. Mutton

Mutton What's a Dremel?

I really like the centurion, dispite it being mostly steel, appart from the front.
    My mate has the silver version. Black looks good tho.

I see you've removed the grill, any plans for it?
    its sort of the focal point for the case.
    The original grill looks alright enough, but rooms for improvement, like a cutout design or stenciled image.

Nice one

20. malcs

thanks for the feedback :) i am thinking of doing something cool with the grille :) but it is still there you just cant see it cos the flash is on :p you can see it in the ones where the flash is off