1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Blacklight Demons (plexi fulltower)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [WP@]WOLVERINE, 11 Dec 2003.

1. instant rice

instant rice What's a Dremel?

when i saw the lit up demon, i seriously went slackjawed and stared for at least 3 full minutes. that work is amazing. have you ever considered doing custom case windows? i'm sure you could make a lot of good money with them.

i'd also like to be the first to point out that it takes amazing skill to be almost completely finished with a custom built case and go "eh, i want something else" and then completely scrap 3/4 of it. your $killz are boober l33t.

2. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

Thx alot all this positive feedback is quite shocking to me, but incredibly nice to get. It definetly makes me work harder.
    About the custom window etching i actually have tryed it but it just takes to much time im a family man with a 9mounts old daughter and between the family and work theres just not enough time left to do much engraving. Ive done a couple cusom jobs for friends and sold a few but thats it.
    And then on to the theme change i actually have changed my mind again a couple of times and right now im trying different sollutions, but my goal is to be completely done with the case this weekend (wishful thinking probably :D ) Ive got alot of ideas for the next one so...

ps ive just fitted a CoolerMaster blower on my volcano11 :)
    [​IMG]
    this will be painted black ofcourse but it looks damn nice atleast i think so :)

3. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Wow, I wouldn't go anywhere near my CM Jet with a dremel.

Speaking of which, I ordered a Jet4 from ThinkGeek but they send me a Jet7 by mistake and I still haven't sent it back yet :miffed:

4. [WP@]WOLVERINE

I actuall got the CM Jet really cheap from a friend who bought one for his rig but he got it for the wrong socket so all i did was to unscrew the jet from the p4 heatsink and screwed it on to the ductingmod. So now i got a socket 478 Jet heatsink lying around collecting dust, but who knows it might come in handy someday :)

5. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

The theme is always an evolving thing on projects and moves from one idea to the other. Glad the core of the project has been based on your excellent modding skills and great ideas. I love the hose seperaters a great idea I must look at for myself at some point, but using a different material. I hope to see the finished case, but no rush. Less haste, better finish :dremel:

All the best on the home straight.

6. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

:thumb:
    I think that you are doing a real bang up job here.. Those cable guides are really slick.. Keep 'em coming.. :rock:

7. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

still looking amazing can't wait for another update :)

8. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

I think i have seen more :jawdrop: that in any other article in the Bit-Tech Forums. Just thought i would add my 2 cents. Keep Up the Great work!

9. Tacritan

Tacritan What's a Dremel?

Just a little question. Why use a fanduct when running a radial fan? The radial fans genious feature compared to an axial fan is that it doesn't need a duct to remove the dead area under the center. ;)

Looking forward to more plexi-luuuv. :)

10. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

Wow, this is a great project. One thing you might consider for all your drives is a Millipede

I saw them for sale at QuakeCon 2002 and I got a 5 drive one. Basically, its as many male connectors as you want set up in a chain, then one female connector on the end where the PSU plugs in.

Also, what are you going to do as far as drive painting, masking, stealthing, etc?

:dremel:

11. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

[EDIT]I just typed the same thing basically, oops :blush: [/EDIT]

12. [WP@]WOLVERINE

--==UPDATE==--

Its now 05:01 in the morning and ive just completed a nerv wrecking first test of the junctionbox. Ive connected tons of cables and only one needs to be wrong to kill a drive. :/ But i was lucky it all WORKS :D :D
    But as they say..
    -A picture says more tha a thousand sleep depraved modders
    So heres a bunch of pictures, hope yall enjoy them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Theres more to come as i get i done.
    I also want to give G-gnome tons of cred once again for all the inspiration his Orac has given me.

ps
    Why use a ductingmod with a Jet fan? The answer is simple....
    It looks COOOL!! :D :D

Last edited: 20 Sep 2010
  13. PTK

PTK What's a Dremel?

Those cable fasteners are the so cool.. damned. :rock: :rock: :rock:

Cant wait to see them with lights on in dark room... hmm.. that kind of fasteners from UV-plexi.. if theres so thick UV-plexi, that could look great.

PTK

14. Albinn

Albinn What's a Dremel?

That's real nice dude! :rock: :dremel: :thumb:

(om du vill så kan jag ju köpa det av dig för 1-2k :) fortsätt i den stilen!)
    sry for swedish :)

15. [WP@]WOLVERINE

YEAH RIGHT! 2000sek for my case hahahhahahaaa allow me to laugh hysterically. That doesnt even cover 50% of what the plexi would cost! Not that id ever sell my baby, but to offer 2000sek is a slap in the face. :/

16. Gedron

Gedron What's a Dremel?

Looking good :rock:
    An idea though.. would it be possible to put some kind of sleaving/mesh around the wires and still have them inside the clear tubing? would make it look alot smoother.

17. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

wow great job dude, this case is excellent :rock: love how the wiring turn out :clap:

18. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

Looking amazing.. I still can't get over that motherboard tray.. I love that thing.. I think thats the best part about this case :rock:

19. [WP@]WOLVERINE

The plan is to have all blue cables running in the tubes, the cables on the pics is just a test to see if it would work :)

20. Gedron

Gedron What's a Dremel?

Sweet,that will do the trick too :D

Twisted or not? the twisting might be tricky to get uniformity with... possibly adding an unused wire to the bundles just to get a firm fit if you choose to leave them straight.

Either way, I'm sure it will continue to look spectacular.