1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor VIA dual monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by netpapa, 7 Jan 2004.

1. netpapa

netpapa What's a Dremel?

Has anybody tried to see if the VIA's that have tv-out and vga will do both at the same time?

2. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Yup, my Epia M10000 Nehemiah can do VGA and TV-Out at the same time. The option is in the BIOS (VGA only, TV Only, VGA + TV).

3. Wurzel

Wurzel What's a Dremel?

It's the same display on each screen though, not like having 2 monitors right?

4. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Yes, the exact same image is displayed on both.

I find it really handy when I'm trying to show people something. I can look at my small but high quality monitor while they look at the big TV.

5. netpapa

netpapa What's a Dremel?

I have the television and monitor working now, but the monitor's image is stretched extremely wide. I've played with the S3 stuff but haven't found what I need to change to get the monitor to display correctly and still have the tele image looking good.

The S3 driver is the latest from VIA (Dec 03) and my monitor driver is from the monitor's disk (SyncMaster 171V). Any thoughts on how I can have both looking right?

6. netpapa

netpapa What's a Dremel?

I think this is a problem with Window's "Generic TV" driver. I'm looking for a better driver to see if this problem is easily solved.

Tags: