1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Case project updated 06.27.05 update: new parts

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by legoman666, 24 Aug 2003.

1. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

looks great man.. love the finished product...

2. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

3. -SilentNight-

-SilentNight- Hardcore pro gamer

nice but more nicer if u had done those metal things about wood so real W00D case

4. jpb

jpb What's a Dremel?

Great looking case!

5. Snitch

Snitch Supremodder

wanna see a case completely made of wood then just check out my wood case log.

[edit] yeah and the case looks just great too! Sorry for stealing your viewers :D :eyebrow: [/edit]

6. legoman666

An update!!! yippy, been 6 months. As I said in the original post, id get watercooling if funds allow. Well, the funds didnt exactly allow, but i did it anyway ;)

Maze4 CPU
    maze4 GPU
    eheim 1250
    clearflex 60 tubing
    powerplant pci relay card for pump
    heatercore with 2 fans on it
    not installing until i get a bigger rad: Meanwell 24V 10A TEC PSU and a 172w 24v pelt for the cpu.

Also got a new graphics card, mobo, cpu, soundcard, tv tuner, etc. anyway, heres the pics!

[​IMG]
    took the heatsink off my new 9800 pro (r350 core :waah: ) to put on the waterblock. I never knew the core was so shiny, its like a mirror. :D

[​IMG]
    getting the foam out of the damn water, arg, took forever, next time i know not to put the water wetter in first. I shouldve mixed it in with the distilled water first. o well, live and learn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    speaking of living and learning..... never dick around with the inside of a comp while the relay card is plugged in. I was putting the tv tuner in the slot above the relay card (the relay card was plugged into the wall but was not turned on, which is why i thought it was safe) and I accidentally dropped it on top of the relay card. BIG spark. scared the **** out of me. burned some of the paint off the bottom of the case, left burn marks on the relay card, and melted the metal on the tv tuner. o_O. I think it still works. thankfully.

[​IMG]
    the tubing is full, bubbles all gone, notice the empty funnel.

[​IMG]
    I spent alot of time doing the wiring and trying to hide wires when possible. I think it turned out pretty good in the end (at least its better than it was before) I used a lot of black zip ties and electrical tape.

[​IMG]
    ahhhh, the pains of modding....

[​IMG]
    testing the wiring and all the components but the motherboard by shorting two pins on the main atx connecter together, everything seems to be in working order....

[​IMG]
    I had to set the inner shell next to the wood case to be able to use the switches in it because thats how the fans for the rad are run.

[​IMG]
    Everything installed and running. And lemme tell ya, the inner shell weighs more than 50lbs, jesus thats thing is heavy. New watercooling works fine running my 2500+ mobile at a moderate 225x10 @ 1.7V (2250mhz) still lots of headroom but i wanted maximum stability when installing windows so i wouldnt fvck anything up.

[​IMG]
    and completely unrelated, but thats a pic of my server. The white thing to the left of the case is the 1500VA UPS for it. runs for 40 minutes on battery.

and thats all from me for a while. Future upgrades hopefully include gigabit ethernet within my entire house (mainly for communication between my main comp and my server) and 1gb of ram.

7. Gladius

Gladius What's a Dremel?

Nice work :rock:

Reminds me of a Grandfather Clock...

8. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

Looks sweet :rock:

Nice Work :thumb:

9. legoman666

a semi-update anyway, mainly just new parts. As of right now the hardware in my comp is:

A64 2800+ (9x200 stock) @ 9x262 = 2358mhz
    2x512Mb PC3200 Corsair value ram @ 4/5ths divider = 210mhz
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
    ATI x800pro AGP
    2x36gb WD Raptor in RAID 0
    2x80gb Maxtor
    Ultra X-Connect 500w modular PSU
    Eheim 1250 110V pump
    Dangerden TDX
    heatercore
    Logitech MX1000 mouse

plus lots of other fun stuff.

10. DR_K13

DR_K13 What's a Dremel?

Very nice work!

11. Wesker

Wesker What's a Dremel?

Seeing that post about the criticool makes me think about mine. Luckily it came with a foam sheet over that side of the card so nothing would happen, maybe you should cut some foam and stick it on there so their are no more accidents.

12. Stuntman

Stuntman Minimodder

Looks awesome dude!