1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Having the blocks in series is more efficient at cooling both items (whatever the second one is; chipset or GPU). If they were in parallel, the flow through each block would essentially be halved, cutting down the cooling efficiency a lot. However, in series, although the first block will warm the water a small amount, it won't be nearly as detrimental as if the flow through the block was restricted. Once you realise that the water only actually heats up a few degrees C above ambient it makes more sense :)

2. -SilentNight-

-SilentNight- Hardcore pro gamer

Nice man... keep going :thumb: but anyway what is that greenplex did u bought it our did u paint it or what did u?

3. partyboy

partyboy What's a Dremel?

Thanks NiHiLiST. I supose that the water isen't in contact with the block long enought to heat up too much. I should have thought of that.

Thanks

to -SilentNight- The Greenplex was like that when he got it. I think G-gnome got it frome a skrap bin at some place that uses it

4. tkwsn

tkwsn What's a Dremel?

I agree - I have WCed dual Xeons plus an ATi 9700 and my water only comes out a little warmer than what it goes in.

5. supam

supam What's a Dremel?

I can feel an update coming on :naughty:

G-Gnomes been quiet for a while now.

6. jskinner123

jskinner123 What's a Dremel?

ya usually he is all over the forums, unless hes on a trip or something, or really busy. I cant wait for it

7. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

i need a gnome fix, were are u we need an update :wallbash:

8. Creekin

Creekin What's a Dremel?

i too am eagerly awaiting the finale of this amazing project....
    which is im sure what is happening as we PATIENTLY wait... ;)

but im honestly kinda getting worried about G-gnomes health!!! :worried:
    maybe he's got chrome poisoning?!?! or perhaps all those hoses strangled him!!??!?!!! maybe a grassy knoll is somehow(?) involved!??!?!
    :confused:

its not like him to be so quiet.....maybe all the spam just finally got to him. :rolleyes:

we may never know the truth....
    all we can do is wait and :dremel:

9. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

let it die already!... christ

10. reandre

reandre What's a Dremel?

Hello everybody!
    1st: Orac3 looks fantastic! :thumb:
    2nd: would you tell me, what did U use to attache the plexi case? special glue, or some kind of metal attaching elements?
    3rd: it's possible, that I said this already, but this case is AWSOME! :thumb: :thumb:

11. Mixx

Mixx What's a Dremel?

uhhh he bought a C3 case, he didnt make the case. u can check it out at www.clearcomputercase.com he just added sum freakin amazing mods to it :jawdrop:

12. ohcyt

ohcyt What's a Dremel?

welcome in the real world, this fact is known from the beginning, check his first post for some specific details about that case =)

13. Azazel100

Azazel100 What's a Dremel?

G-gnome: have you run tested the pump with whis vibration-absobing mounting?
    These 1250 are real shaki'n monsters... I had to use few layers of rubber and dense foam, and I'm still not satisfied with the result. Have you considerd using special amortisators(don't know if this is the right word, the same thing whey put in cars , but lot smaller )

14. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

Read the post above his and his comment will make more sense to you.

15. Allen

Allen What's a Dremel?

G-gnome I have one question if I may.
    How many m^2 acrylic glass [plexi] [green, liquid, etc.] have You used for this modification up till now, what we can see ;) ? If You can sum up it a bit :baby: [Don't know what You will show us in future and if there will be added more green, liquid other colors :D , when this outstanding Mod will be finished ]. Once again great job! :dremel:

I think this gif image, shows everything what You have done for PC Modding, smth like Michael Jordan has done for NBA. :thumb:

[​IMG]

16. tkwsn

tkwsn What's a Dremel?

I dunno, that King looks pretty evil. Not at all like G-Gnome. :hip:

17. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

[​IMG]
    made this just for this thread ;)
    (there are a few bugs with it, but I'm too tired to care :p)

Yes it's cool, yes it is a one of a kind mod, yes G-gnome is a great modder, but would you leave the poor gnome to his work?

He will post an update when he is good and darn well ready :rolleyes:

Last edited: 8 Feb 2004
  18. Allen

Allen What's a Dremel?

That question is for me? or all Users, who look through all pages, or will untill this thread end?

I think it's for all, but not sure :rolleyes: Anyway, this Mod is too big inspiration to leave it just after it would finish, I think. I watch all photos, text not so much, but know what connect to each other [ except cabling in PSU, that's way to far for me at the moment :D :jawdrop: ] and I can't get by that G-gnome cut all, or almost all plexi without a laser :hip: .
    My Mod has been inspirated by G-gnome in some part, big part, but I'm not goin' to copy His work, what wouldn't be creative, but smth like stealing. Watchin my simple, grey and dull case, just wanna do smth with it :idea:

19. Skrybe

Skrybe What's a Dremel?

First off, congrats on an awesome project G-Nome. It's as much art as anything else. I've been lurking and reading the logs on and off for several months now and thought what the heck I'd sign up and post a stray thought I had (I don't remember seeing it anywhere before...)

I was looking at the junction box thingie (shown here: http://www.bit-tech.net/images/article/118/a3ud12as.jpg) and thinking the reservoirs would look good in that style. Have the small green plexi highlight in the side of the reservoir and use transparent tubing with green tinted coolant (standard radiator coolant maybe?) It'd kind of look like it's pumping some hi-tech radioactive goo through the guts of the PC that way :) Of course it's too late now...

I'm sure no matter what solution you come up with it's going to look fantastic. Looking forward to the next installment. And even more congrats that you're going to be sponsored to some extent on the next one.

20. Fubar

Fubar What's a Dremel?

we cant be going and let this thread it the second page...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.