1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mithril P4: Being Updated!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bsodmike, 4 Jan 2004.

1. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

Hates comps? Tell her they are composed of metal and silicon and have no soul. How can she hate something that isn't even a living breathing thing? :p

2. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

When is a mod ever finished? Like never...! I've removed the really old Akai sound system (yay) and now SpawnBox2 is running without any sound :hehe: I might get a TosLink cable at some point and connect it up to the Z-680 if I need to. I have changed the layout a tad as guess what?

(drum roll)

....I'm going for four (yes I said FOUR) TFTs....eventually! More images when this update takes place. Ohh and I almost forgot, the server has been connected to one of my 173T's....ohh yea, I swapped the 171N with the 173T on the G5 so now I have 2x 173Ts.... :hehe: :D Got a nice long 1.5m VGA cable and have connected the server to the TFT on the right and thanks to the 'source' button I can display either my SpawnBox2 or server on screen at any time :D

Got a new 120GB SATA HDD winging it's way over to me as well. Also got a special (kinda cool actually) SATA cable made by Akasa sent to me by the guys @ Kustompcs.co.uk (thanks XD)

Ohh and Zelda WW/Prince of Persia SOT are taking up way too much of my time, blame TTi_ for that (thanks bud!)

Last edited: 10 Feb 2004
  3. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I envy you your stuff :D

4. The Spyder

The Spyder What's a Dremel?

How do the Z680 sound? In looking for something to replace the Z560's

5. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

How is there problems with an Intel and AGP 8X? I have a 9700 Pro at 8X with a Pentium Northwood at 2.66 ghz. I've never had a problem... :worried:

6. DoubleSidedTape

DoubleSidedTape What's a Dremel?

The sub is 2oo rms, and 500 max.

They sound pretty good , there is a slight hum on the center channel when there is no audio, and on the sub when it is in standby. you should als get some nice speaker wire, the bundled stuff sucks. go to home depo or some wheres and get a roll of 12 guage wire ;)

7. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

The sub is 200W (rms), 400W peak - my bad!

bit-tech :

The 500W is the 'total system output power' - it is still by far the loudest system I've ever owned and going past 40 - 50% volume makes my head hurt and ears bleed :p

I've checked around lot of the Abit forum and they go one about how the 9700 Pro's have a problem with 8x AGP... :sigh:

8. The Spyder

The Spyder What's a Dremel?

Ahh thanks,
    I dont think the neighbors below or above me would appriciate me getting a bigger sub. :D
    I already use a 12g Mostercable with the z560's. (6g on my car stereo :D)

9. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

I have yet to notice any humming at all which is great. I am using some high quality speaker cable I got at my local hi-fi store, and the stuff is great XD

10. -SilentNight-

-SilentNight- Hardcore pro gamer

what cases ar those?

11. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

Reading is your friend :p

They are both Lian Li PC71 cases with the transparent side panel. You can purchase a PC75B which is simply a PC71+window sidepanel if you wish. The newer batch of Lian Li's are very nice, they have made quite a few changes to the case that I am missing on my SpawnBox2

12. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Nope, they are MX500s. They are wired not cordless like the MX700.

13. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

Thanks for the clarification there Atomic, I was wondering if I should have corrected him, didn't want to be too picky tho heh. I resorted to MX500 as I cba bothering about batteries and I tend to use my comps so much that I a) forget to charge b) don't have enough time to charge....

I sold my MX700 sometime back and really love these MX500 and I think every comp out there should have one. After I go downstairs and use teh G5 and come back up and place my hand on the MX500.....it's such a relief, I feel like getting one the G5 (eventually...) probably on my next shopping spree in Singapore :D

14. m3t4tr0n

m3t4tr0n What's a Dremel?

it says
    bit-tech.net Forums > Modding >
    not
    bit-tech.net Forums > Posing >

but it's of course nice.

15. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

I've decided to move this to hardware and overclocking forum, because this thread isn't really a modding topic suitable for the project logs forum :)

I appreciate your desire to show off the new kit you bought, hey we get 'look at my new stuff' or 'what do you think of my system' threads every few days, but such threads are best suited to the hardware forum IMHO.

If everyone decided to post an update thread in the project logs forum saying 'hey i got a new set of speakers, hard drive and monitor for the PC I modded a while back' then the forum would be awash. If you feel the need to make such threads when you get new equipment, be my guest, but please put it in hardware and overclocking (unless you do some extra modding in which case the existing project is being continued - I personally don't see adding extra unmodded peripherals and storage space as being a proper extension of an existing project and as such this thread is better suited outside the project logs forum).

16. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

LMFAO :D

Good call Will. :)