1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding What case should i get Lian li or Xaser?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by hypocrisy86, 13 Feb 2004.

1. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Ill get an Lian LI :rock:

2. Grump

Grump The Mad Modder

The Centurion is not the only Cooler Master case made.

How 'bout [​IMG]

or [​IMG]

or my favorite, [​IMG]

I've compared Lian Li's to Cooler Masters and the LLs are less ridged, have thinner aluminum face plates and look too boxy and plain. They are more expensive for lesser quality. You pay for the name, not the quality.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion.

Take a look at what Cooler Master has to offer HERE

Now check out Lian Li.

Grump

Last edited: 1 Feb 2019
  3. Ligoman17

Ligoman17 What's a Dremel?

Grump:

OT: You might want to host those pics somewhere else if you're gonna put them in the thread. I think right now it qualifies as "bandwidth stealing"

On Topic: I agree, I think Coolermaster makes the best cases.

4. SpeedFreak

SpeedFreak What's a Dremel?

LL all the way

btw. for all you idlers sitting here wondering which is better out of CM and LL (what with all the CM fanboys here in the UK) i can tell you now after owning cases from both companies that build quality is neck and neck between LL and CM and so it really comes down to which you think looks better. I personally am a fan of LL's, partly because in australia CM's are twice the price of lian li's (import costs i presume).

But we could sit here and argue CM vs. LL forever and never get anywhere because they are both brilliant brands. But Xaser vs LL? Xaser would get creamed... :rock: :hip:

5. richman

richman What's a Dremel?

LL has a lovely range of cases i think they look really sleek and clean and if i was you i would listen to the people and go for a LL :thumb:

Richman

6. TheEclypse

TheEclypse What's a Dremel?

I would get the lian-li, i think xasers are fugly things.

7. Grump

Grump The Mad Modder

Sorry I didn't mention it, but I have the permission of Jessica Wu, Marketing Director of Cooler Master, Taiwan. I am very familiar with copyright, trademark and even bandwidth issues. I always get permission first.

Thanks,

Grump

8. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

There is a black PC-6070...the silent model Lian Li released. I have the silver one, I'm in the process of modding it right now, but it ships with sound dampening foam, a THICK aluminum door that actually feels like a door (not that crap CM offers as a "door"), and low voltage fans for more silent performance.

Load temp reached 36c - all I did was replace the fans with regular Panaflo L's.

[edit]Lian Li PC's (the black one is here too)[/edit]

9. Frink

Frink What's a Dremel?

Personally, I think that the Xaser cases are really gaudy. I prefer a much more simplistic and elegant case. Though I have no personal experience with either case, from a visual standpoint I think the Lian Li's are much more tasteful.

10. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

owned.. :clap:

Grump likes this.
  11. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Eeew Xaser cases are even more ugly in real life than they are in pictures :duh:

I would definately go for a Lian Li. It will be much better quality. Coolermaster have gone down hill IMO since they stopped making the black widow case. The Praetorian is quite nice though.

Also you wil find Lian Li's are far cheaper than Coolermasters and many people argue they are better build quality. Having never owned a Coolermaster I can't comment on thier build quality but the Lian Li's is top notch.

12. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Xaser? hahahahahahahahahhaha....

Unfortunately CM don't make cases like they used to, it seems they decided that their target market wanted too much quality and decided to turn it back. They're not gonna make another Black Widow...:(