1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Matrix : Revolutions

Discussion in 'General' started by Liquid K9, 16 Nov 2003.

?

What did you think?

1. Crap

28 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. I liked it

42 vote(s)
    40.8%
  3. I was brilliant! (re: order a new brain)

19 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Absolutely terrible

14 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

How about a "Don't really care enough to even see it" selection? :D

Seriously, I didn't think the 1st one was as great as it was hyped to be. Yea, the special effects were phenomenal, but I wasn't impressed at all with the acting (I've never liked Reeves). The only character that I really liked was Mr. Smith - even though he was the "enemy", I thought he was pretty cool ;)

Let the flaming commence!!

2. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

I think you are referring to the 2nd installment, because when you say it was hyped, you would be incorrect if referring to the original, as the first Matrix film was not hyped at all, whereas Reloaded was very much hyped :D Just so there will be no confusion!

-A-

3. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Eh, maybe - I get confused sometimes ;) However, I never saw the 2nd one, only the 1st.

4. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

I paid $6 and am underage, so I was surprised when they let me in.

BUT, let me say..Rev. was better than Reloaded, DEF.

Reloaded was like so pristine and clean and straight-edged clean, missing the whole dirty, grungy, ugly look of the first matrix. I like how Revolutions was a lot slower and more in-depth. It kind of kept more with the first than the Reloaded did.

So..I say I liked it, but still doesn't come close to the first.

Either way, I wish special effects didn't compensate for the lack of acting ability of Keanu Reaves.

I know someone who can act better..hold on, let me go chop down a tree and get you a plank of wood.

5. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Well I liked it somewhat. I'll get the trilogy for sure, but its unfortunate how it degraded really.

6. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

Yeh ill get the trilogy! For sure! but in a way i want them to make a fourth film and in a way i dont. Because if they make the fourth i would want them to show they can equal the first, even though thats quite hard, and want them to finish off the story properly. But if they do id want them to do it properly, not leave it unfinished and make it for the fans, who absolutely loved the first film :D :rolleyes: :worried:

-A-

7. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

the movie was awesome the battle for zion was the best battle ive seen for ages !!!!!!!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

but i wish it ended better need a 4th movie please !!!

8. -A-

-A- What's a Dremel?

Yeh but do you want it to be similar to Reloaded and Revolutions or different, because they're bound to make it like the previous 2!

Did anyone catch the pun in there? Bound ^ :D :worried:

-A-

9. MR BUNGLE

MR BUNGLE Shoddymodder

Wow - what a negative reaction!

I thought it R U L E D! :cooldude:

( or at least compared to Reloaded )

- I can almost understand why No2 was so lacking in storyline now - They saved most of it for Revolutions (revalations?)

pranks7er - You aint wrong!!
    - The port battle was mightily fine - especially them APU mech-type things :rock:

- I'd love there to be another film (or more)
    Mind you, I reckon some more Animatrix type action wouldnt go amiss - especially if it looks as good as the 'Flight of the Osiris' sequence......

10. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

i dont think you lot are looking beyond the box. The first movie was great, it was the pinnacle of matrix-esque! Theres no denying it, but to say thisf ilm was rubbish would bewrong. Your just expecting way too much from it, and when you get a normal film your disappointed.

Also, id say you were looking for a bad film by the way you noticed tinythings such as "crsuifix shaped explosions".

boooo to your comments i say! I liked this film! It was well animated, and finished "the ones" story quite well ithought. Im not happy the matrix wasnt destroyed, but if theres money to be made ;)

11. djrusty

djrusty What's a Dremel?

Well, I left the cinema feeling rather disappointed after I saw Revolutions. I felt that it has lost the 'matrixness' that the other two films had. By that I mean, it had lost that something that makes the matrix different from other sci-fi movies. I found it all a bit 'starwars' what with all the robots and machines flying around. That battle was indeed very well crafted but for me, it was far to long and I found myself wishing it would just finish. I did like some bits of the film though. The last fight between Neo and Smith was pretty cool.

Overall, it wasn't anything like I expected and not really all that special to my mind. Shame, because Reloaded was just great for me, albeit a bit slow in places. But the car/bike chase was just amazing!

12. Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark What's a Dremel?

I agree, I came away thinking that it was a good film, but I don't know what it didn't have to make it the third in the trilogy...as a film on its own I think a good sci-fi, as the third Matrix it was lacking.

The Smith/Neo fight scene in my opinion was too much, ok so he's the one and Smith is the "evil one" but with all the flying it just wasn't the same...their first fight in the subway station was good, it was real but had the elements of bending the rules of the system. The flying tried to have pace and timing, but with all the back and forwards it didn't work IMO.

13. quack

quack Minimodder

I saw Revolutions again at the weekend, at the IMAX Cinema in London. Seeing the Dock fight scene on such a huge screen was bloody amazing. If you can get to an IMAX to see it, do so!

14. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

i thought it was ok, reloaded had some great sequences though they coulda dumped the sex scene just kinda messed it up i thought, revoloutions was just i dunno, too much or too little, the super brawl fight was just naff with all the flying and i still stand by my thoughts about neo, he is god, its the only explanation :p

15. El_JimBob

El_JimBob Minimodder

hey, i know im a bit late on this one (dont normally look at this forum) but i thought the movie was ok - i think it was just an idea that got a bit out of control. Theres a few scripts floating around the web that explain the whole 'touching the source' thing as well as a few alternate endings (much better btw) and an elongated ending fight sequence with Smith that makes a whole lot more sense than the 'condensed' version we saw at the flicks.
    The thing that pissed me off the most tho, was how Trinity's character was jus wasted. All that build up over 3 movies for such a cheap shot death. I think they had an allotted time time to tell a story in, and jus didnt have time to do all the things they wanted to do in it. But the DVD release in april will rock, u know that :)

16. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

I wont be buying the box set .
    Matrix rocked it was amazing and opened up a whole new ballgame in movie making already got it on DVD and will be a fave for years to come
    Reloaded was bearable with some good scenes in it, but otherwise forgettable
    Revolutions ummmm what can I say fantastic CGI work, great action sequences but where the hell was the storyline? They could have done so much more with it but settled for a pretty mediocre sequel to a sequel maybe they should have named it "Regurgitated"

17. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Only thing i liked actually was the special effects...of course.

18. Ouikikazz

Ouikikazz What's a Dremel?

the movie was great, sorry to all who expected a hollywood ending but if you guys really thought about and looked into every aspet of the movie, everything made sense. still rank it as the least good of the 3 matrix movies though but i rank it real close to reloaded. First one still rocks...waiting for atriligoy box set dvd :)

19. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I think they should have stopped after the first one.
    Reloaded was OK-ish, and Revolutions was just carp imo.

20. tintin

tintin What's a Dremel?

It was "good" - sadly not good enough though!!!