1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fast Betty

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Tank Girl, 15 Feb 2004.

1. Tank Girl

Tank Girl What's a Dremel?

Hi folks! I welcome all suggestions! This is my first try at modding! I picked this Hydrolic case up for $20 at one of Directron's Saturday Clearance sales. Somebody tried to cut a whole in the top, but otherwise looked like new!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Mar 2004
  2. macroman

macroman The One

welcome to bit-tech. Now go mod that case. :D

3. Tank Girl

Last edited: 15 Feb 2004
  4. KONIJN

KONIJN What's a Dremel?

dremel time

ps
    instead of the links to the pics just post the pics

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Hmmm.... do I smell water cooling? :naughty:

6. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

lmao on the part of somebody trying to cut the top out...I'm surprised directron let that person return it, they usually are such a hassle to return stuff

7. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

If you ask me, getting something that *isn't beige* and is quite a bargin like that... you are no n00b. Not anymore, at least. ;)

8. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

OMG what a HUGE case! Good luck with your first try at modding and welcome to your new addiction:)

DDK

9. Tank Girl

Well, as you can see, the neato front panel slides down! Weeeeeeee! But my husband pointed out that I'd always have to keep it up or else it would block the fans and the radiator flow at the bottom :sigh: :sigh:
    [​IMG]

And even with the little sliding panel in the up position, the bottom part of the panel does not allow for the type of airflow that Fast Betty is going to need :waah: :waah: So I Cut the bottom.
    [​IMG]

10. Tank Girl

Fortunately, the neato sliding top panel pops right off! I havent quite figured out what to do about the neato sliding top panel. I think maybe some sort of hinge type setup may do the trick.
    [​IMG]

Drilled holes for the radiator and fan on the back! :rock: :rock:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Merrily humming "Modding Queen" (think ABBA) .... to see how it was all gonna fit, stuck the lower radiator and fans into the bottom. :rock:
    [​IMG]

11. Beginner

Beginner What's a Dremel?

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Er... is that TWO chrome BIX rads I see? :eeek: You obviously have big, big plans for a big, big case... Keep 'em coming. I like someone who goes straight for the big guns on their first mod.

Oh, and I favour the mesh in sliding door option, too. Perhaps with an LCD stealthed behind it? :D

13. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Wow... two nice rads, alu frame fans... this is going to be one heck of a mod. You weren't joking when you called that rig "Fast Betty" ( :lol: ), as I can only imagine what you could get out of that. :brrr: Mod on, girl! :dremel:

14. Tank Girl

Desperate for suggestions!

:waah: Tank Girl, has fallen victim to one of the most incidious of human traits.. :sigh: :sigh: ...GREED...:sigh: I have absolutely NO $###!% IDEA where to put the reserviors and the stupid pump things. ALthough, on a brighter note, I painted the little hose barbs and adapters on the pumps and they look pretty! ;) ;) [​IMG]

Adding to the unpleasantness of the day, the holes in the back of the case don't even remotely match to the mounting holes in my pretty power supply, And it's too big for the little power supply frame and it kinda perches on top the little rails. Guess I can cut the back of the case and add the right mounting holes, and cut those rails off the power supply is sitting on.
    [​IMG]

NOBODY LAUGH....But does anyone know if the Hydor pumps will work hanging upside down? :lol: :lol: Desperately seeking suggestions!
    And, do I need two radiators, two reservoirs and two pumps I mean, will I be able to effectively cool 2 Raptors, the 9800, P4 3.0Ghz, and the 875P chipset with one pump, res and radiator? Currently, I've been running the P4 at 3.6Ghz with a standard Inovatek CPU cooling setup, since April of 2003. But since the PC world is fixin to change, PCI express, DDR-II, BTX, and 64bit, I though it would be fun to just tweak the $##%! outta what I already have until the next big changeover/purchase!

Last edited: 17 Feb 2004
  15. birdie

birdie What's a Dremel?

Nice Case, DO NOT CUT THE PSU BAY. it appears to me that you have the psu in upside down.

16. xrain

xrain Minimodder

Now this looks promising :thumb: ! *just suscribed* good luck and you are doing very good on this better than most :worried: i hope for the best of luck 4 ya
    -
    -
    -xrain-

17. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

damn thats alot of nice **** you got there... im watching this one closely!

18. valium

valium What's a Dremel?

Sadly, that case is the size of my room :/ :jawdrop:

19. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

whoa, that's a nice case, and it's probably gonna looke even sweeter when finished, good luck!

I subscribed to this thread too!

20. Incorpirate

Incorpirate What's a Dremel?

wat a beast of a case
    looking forward to seeing how it turns out
    ps im on cruches :( pull my hamstring :(