1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G-gnome's Orac³ - Part 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G-gnome, 1 Sep 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohcyt

ohcyt What's a Dremel?

lol y not? when G-Gnome sees fit he'lll start a new thread for the next update, this thread is linked to from the original log so no need to keep this up with meaningless post (like the one ur readign right now)

/me hopes update is underway though :worried:

2. Creekin

Creekin What's a Dremel?

RIP Orac3...... :(

3. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I think that's a little ott, i'm sure we'll see the completion of Orac3, it's too good a project to not be completed

4. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

Seriously. All this spam asking for updates and claiming the project's dead should stop soon.

The project's not over and gnome has clearly indicated many times over, all over the forums, that he has a life outside of modding and treats it as a hobby to work on in his spare time or whever he feels compelled to do so.

My inbox was so much less crowded when the thread was locked. :sigh:

5. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

i agree totally, but stop bringing this thread back... for all intents and porpuses this thread is dead DEAD... so stop bringing it back ttt

6. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

"Dr G-gnome I presume?"

:D

I have two words to say:

ORAC LIVES!

I had to go away for work for a bit - wasn't able to access a computer where I was hence the lack of updates/modding.

The project is still well alive.

The one, absolutely vital piece I had to get chromed to be able to finish putting the case together (i.e. a particular piece that has to go in first, before I can put other bits in), will be ready shortly - my electroplaters closed to renovate the factory until 28 Jan, then he went and cut his finger off last week! :rolleyes: . Plus my being away = delays.

I thank you all for your patience and I'll have the finished project posted asap.

Anyway, I haven't read through the last 6 weeks of posts (I'm not sure I really want too...? :worried: ), but I apologise for not letting you guys know I had to go away, but it was kinda sudden.

See you next (final) update/article!

Regards

Peter D
    aka G-gnome

:)

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Jeez, anyone ever hear of delay of gratification? Or patience? :eyebrow:

8. jonesie

jonesie Minimodder

eh? don't follow you Nexxo mate. I think we should all move to the latest thread. Makes more sense really. Can't the powers that be close this one?

Edit:
    He is right, I was wrong.... oops. mod on guys
    II
    II
    V

Last edited: 17 Feb 2004
  9. seanblee

seanblee What's a Dremel?

I thought this was the latest thread?

10. sinucus

sinucus What's a Dremel?

I knew it! There was no way he could let down a project such as this. I too am one of the many that have joined this fourm just to say to you how utterly amazed I am at your creation. I read the entire 80+ pages of posts in one night. Until yesterday I thought that there was no such thing as a good mod, I had always thought that modding computers was pointless and a waste of money. That all changed. Your case goes beyond modding, it is a work of art. Thank you for sharing this with the world. I anxiously await seeing the final creation.

sinucus

11. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

lol good to see you back... never said the project was dead, just the thread... i was sick of always seeing it at the top, and wondering if another update had been posted... so i was just a lil annoyed...

glad to see you back... keep em coming

12. Jonas79

Jonas79 What's a Dremel?

Great to see you back G-Gnome :D I fully understand that you have your duty to your country :)

I've been following this thread even when you were gone, so I know there aren't many things there for you to read. There are two question and two suggestions in there I think...

Question no 1 was if you're taking the case to any major LAN event in Australia (posted by Shapa)

The second question was how many m^2 of plexi and acrylic you have used for the mod. (posted by Allen)

The suggestions were that you could use wire loom from here: http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Proform/Wire_Looms.html (posted by STellY)

...and there was a redesign suggestion on your reservoirs which included to tint the water green and add some more green plexi. Link to that post: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=534912#post534912 (posted by Skrybe)

I think that should keep you updated :D Keep on modding :thumb: :dremel:

Edit: spelling

13. ohcyt

ohcyt What's a Dremel?

/me sits back and relaxes =)

good to hear something again
    I just hope you don't forget to post the rest of the project log in a part 3/ final part... just a thought ;)

14. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Nice to have you back G-Gnome...

15. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

So you're getting the motherboard tray chromed, eh? (Just my guess :lol: )

I couldn't see you discontinuing this project, glad to know the Orac lives! :thumb:

16. Allen

Allen What's a Dremel?

Acrylic and plexi are the same m8 ;) I supose the number will be approximatelly 2-3m^2, but I would like to be sure about that :confused:

Here's the post -> Click me

Thx

17. jwil

jwil What's a Dremel?

*exhales in relief* :hip:

18. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Well its good to hear from you G-Gnome. Now we are all anticipating a big update. :D

19. Mixx

Mixx What's a Dremel?

hmmmm am i the only one to notice this but......

*************WARNING, POSSIBLE SPOILER**************

[​IMG]

hmm, gnome, is this what you have been planning with the mobo, looks awsome :clap:

20. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

that was pointed out awhile ago Mixx. Its ok if you missed it. this thread has been active without updates for months now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.