1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UTMod 7-14-04 Final Pics.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sheldog23, 16 Jan 2004.

1. fg0d

fg0d Banned

one thing thats bugging me sir.. when you bent your acrylic, how did you get it to form around this front panel man thinger. Did you bend acrylic sides with the front panel attached? Ide suppose it would be too hard not to and just do what your eyes tell you. Anyway, good mod! :D

2. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

I did a bend at a time and laid it up against it to match. I had alum angle taped to the straight areas to help make sure it fit ok. just took a very long time.

3. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Hey Sheldog, I didn't see you at TXGF.
    I know it was bad weather, and valentines, but if you would have come on Sunday you for sure would have won the modding contest.
    (There were only 12 entries, and only 3 real mods)

4. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

Nice mod man. I was up in Austin this weekend and was contemplating going and looking around but I came to my senses and persuied other...things. Anyway, good idea for the bender. :thumb:

5. Sheldog23

Yeah, heh, sorry about that. I meant to at least come to your seminar. But I didn't feel like showing my case until I felt it was done. I just couldn't get motivated to get out. Not because of the weather or anything, just because I am not the most sociable creature.

Well, I wish things would have gone better for the TXGF. Maybe if it was held in the spring it would have gone better? Ah, well there is always next time.

6. Fyberwire

Fyberwire What's a Dremel?

Hey Sheldog! I know you from XoxideForums, so this project isn't new to me :)

Simply great work. That acrylic bending is so clean and smooth, it's just fantastic. Very origional too! UT's a great game!

Mod on! :dremel:

7. Sheldog23

Well, I am still waiting for my graphics to be done by our other store. SO I was bored and had an extra UT guy. I also was missing my volume control buttons and the other stuff at the top of my multimedia keyboard. SO I turned it into my UT keyboard. I have a graphic that will cover the Mitsuko num lock area that will be cut with the stuff for my other keyboard. I am still going to do them both just because. Saturday I am going to Fry's for the EL wire to put in both of them. Will update after that. Check it.

[​IMG]

8. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

Very, very nice. Is the graphic a sticker?

9. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Very nice project overall... Not sure if I'd model my PC after UT, but it's cool. I especially like the keyboard...

10. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Wow... this is awesome. I love how the case *isn't* square, and how the keyboard is all applicqued. (I'm assuming it's some sort of a decal/applique/wrap thingy? :confused: ) Anyways, very very sweet! :rock: :rock:
    Mod on, man. :dremel:

11. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Oh, just another quick idea that just struck me... what if you had three pieces of plexi (rounded corners, since everything else is round) over each of the keyboard leds. Perhaps have the graphics on the top with opaque plastic sheet beneath it, then the plexi, so that the light shines out the edges? I dunno... just a thought.
    (Edit: You'd probably need to sand the plexi some. I'm not sure if the light diffusion though would be sufficent. If that makes any sense what I'm trying to convey. I tend to get ideas quicker than I get the words to describe them, and I was thinking about something similar for my 'board... and BAM! Idea for the UT Mod Guy. :D )

12. Sheldog23

Sorry man, I really have no Idea what you are saying.

The decals and characters are all just applique or sticker ;) . We have a printer that can print on vinyl. I am thinking I might just "wrap" the whole thing. I dunno, I was kinda just playing around. I still plan on putting the EL wire in it and replacing the LEDs with blue instead of green. Thanks for all the compliment you guys.

13. Sheldog23

Long time no update.

I finnally got some EL wire. From ELwirecheap.com and installed all 10ft of it in the keyboard. I also cut the logo to go over the keyboard brand name. I also skinned my Logitech MX500 that I got from overstock.com for cheap with our new 62" printer. woot!

I would say I am 80% done with this thing. Maybe I will get an LCD for my birthday and I can complete the package. anyways here are the pics. I appreciate your compliments and criticism.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Mar 2004
  14. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Very awesome mod, loving it.

15. y_N_e_M_a

y_N_e_M_a What's a Dremel?

thats a sweet keyboard ay mate. :clap: :clap: and the case. :clap: best UT mod iv ever seen. :clap: come to think of it the only UT mod iv ever seen :lol: .

16. Galea

Galea What's a Dremel?

Look very very good! And the graphics put on the keyboard, mouse and case are top notch!

17. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Beautiful Sheldog,
    Hey can you come to the AMDZone.com LAN Party this weekend?
    It's at LAN Edge, and I would love to talk with you.
    (And bring the PC if you can)

18. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

I want it. . .

Sweet ! :naughty: Great job on everything. I really like how you put the design on the keys too! :rock: Nice tribute to the game. keep it up! :clap:

19. Luhny

Luhny What's a Dremel?

i second the acrylic bends. How did you do that?

20. Sheldog23

Thank you all for your compliments. The people are so civilized here. Here is a link to my plex bending tut. Not the greatest but you will get the idea.

http://home.austin.rr.com/crazypcmods/MartiniMobo.htm