1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update 2.26.04 Project Acrylic Ammo Box

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SEA, 1 Feb 2004.

1. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

:clap: MORE UPDATES!!! Okay, threw out the aluminum idea and went and spent more money on .25" ACRYLIC. That's right people, I'm not f*cking around. It's even more rigid than with that steel plate and I bought enough to do the entire thing and then some.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looks kinda like a razor or something. Anyway, if you ever need to drill acrylic, never use a sharp bit. Use dullest POS you have, it'll work much better as I unfortunately found out. Anyway, back to work. :dremel: :rock:

2. TheEclypse

TheEclypse What's a Dremel?

looking sweet. i cant wait to get my hands one some acrylic for my project now. :rock:

3. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

Damn, working on the interanl parts. It's gonna be tight but it'll all just fit. I just wished they made a 9600XT in a slimmer size. Oh well, perhaps one of those right-anlge AGP adapters will work or something. Pics tommorow. (HINT: think countersunk 1/4" acrylic and aluminum. :D )

4. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

This is going to be well pimp, gonna keep an eye on this one, love your work!

5. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

Okay, as of last week I've restarted this project. I was unhappy with my 'eyeball everything' mentality so now I'm pretty where I was but now it's square, which is a big deal. Also there are a few design changes. Pics will be up Monday or Tuesday. I also just ordered my hardware for this project.
    -AMD XP2500+ (OC is likely :naughty: )
    -Abit NF7-S v.2
    -Saphire Radeon 9600XT ( :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: )

I think it's gonna be worthy of show. I had a guy offer me a large sum of money for it the other day so maybe it won't be mine very long. (Hint, 4 digits) Anyway, happy Valentines, pics next week. :thumb:

6. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

Ok ok a minor update. FedEx dropped my stuff off today, and now I can start working again. :clap: :rock:

[​IMG]

Abit NF-7
    R 9600XT
    AMD 2500XP Barton

:naughty:

7. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

That looks nice and shiny! Very nice of the FedEx man too.
    'doc

8. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Very Nice
    love the case :thumb:

9. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

Ok, more updates. The case is coming along nicely. It's not what I was hoping for but hey, it's only my first true one-off fabrications. :sigh: Here's the mandatory pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was a bit un-nerving. Blade slipped off while I was cutting this very small peice of aluminum. Nothing like a loud POW, shreik and right next to your head and hands.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course you can see the whole thing here: Gallery

10. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

scary moment for you with the blade coming off, but looking good.
    (I've only just worked out the pics in your post (#21) - the reflections of the ceiling lights)
    keep us informed of your progress...

11. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

damn!!!!!!! thats lookin nice

hope everything fits ok...

12. SEA

SEA What's a Dremel?

Yeah, it'll fit OKAY, the psu is going to be the tightest. I think for this project I'm going to limit it to only hard drives. If I need an optical drive or something, I have a USB one and I plan on having at least 4 USB ports on this thing.

As far as the top peice and all the ports, I plan on not having any there. It's all going to go on the side. Under the latches there is a good space for stuff to go. Power, video, network, and usb will all go in one side so you can leave the top on and no one is the wiser. I think I'll make another one into a cooler too, must have beverages you know.

13. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Need to be subscribed!