1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project : Blackmesa HL²

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 24 Feb 2004.

1. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

L33333333333333333333333333333333333333333t

When I saw this thing I just said: Whoa. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Seriously, you have done another excellent job on another case and that is the best tribute to Half-life² I've seen. After playing the first one ever since it came out, it is perfect for the Half-life² world. A great job that is a purely L33T and perfect case. Very well done. Keep up the great work! :clap: :clap: :clap: :rock: :rock: :rock:

2. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Just thought of something....

I just thought of something actually... For the switches why don't you use military style switches? The ones with the red covers on them and a silver flip switch under it. Hmmm....I know theres a site around here somewhere with them...

3. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

<link>

I think some small valves would be better, red.

4. m3t4tr0n

m3t4tr0n What's a Dremel?

your case seems to be a little bit rusty - you'd better give it to me an i'll get you a new one :hehe:

5. tortuegeniale

tortuegeniale What's a Dremel?

it look very cool with the two 120mm fan ! :wallbash:

what is the thing on the top of the cd-rom drive ?

how will u hide the cables of psu and fans ? rusty shower cables ? reddish plastic cables ?

just one thing: the plexy circle with the lambda is too clean to go well with the rest of the case.. :worried:

6. Xiliqueirn

Xiliqueirn What's a Dremel?

That looks really really pro. You ought to email a finished pic to Valve, and see if you could get a free copy of HL2! I really like the idea with the backlit logo. Also, the bullet holes look really nice. You can tell this is a labor of love...or at least extreme anticipation. :clap: :rock: :clap:

Suggestions:
    1) Use conduit to sheathe the wires. That would look really nice coupled with the rust effect, and it would add to the industrial HL2 effect.

7. SirShaw

SirShaw What's a Dremel?

Lookin Good :D Now all you need is for Half-life 2 to come out sometime before the next ice age :thumb:

8. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

funny thing is, is if you made a HL2 pc case when you frist heard about it, it would probably look a bit like this case does now!
    still, looking good mr belgium modder!

9. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

I'm almost speechless...

Well smack my ass and call me Judy, that case is already looking so delicious that I could cry over it! :D

I've been watching these forums for quite a while now, but this case was something that made me join your crew here at Bit-Tech.

I really liked your previous project as well, the attention to detail was the thing that made me interested in it.
    And to my opinion your ongoing project isn't going to be ashamed of it at all.
    Keep those good mods rolling, the audience is watching :eeek:

10. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Ok - I realize that this post was left a few days ago, and there have been many since then, but that just gave me a great idea. It might not be perfect for this case, but for another one, it would be a lot of fun to take a new case out and put several (real) bullet holes in it and then use that case in a themed mod - battlefield maybe or something like that - make it look like some beat to hell military computer.

Sorry for veering a tiny bit off topic.....

11. DreamTheEndless

Another Possible Resivoir?

http://www.justpaintball.co.uk/acatalog/Co2_Systems_.html

(I Even made sure to find one in the UK for you!!)

There are also some on ebay uk

You could probably find some paintball CO2 tanks in a local sporting goods store.

I remember earlier someone posted about N2O (NOX) bottles, but you said that you couldn't get them in the UK. These are cheaper and eaiser to find - and have that sort of industrial look.

12. dom_

dom_ --->

only problem with those co2 tanks is that they only have one valve on them, so another would have to be added. One for water in and one for water out.

They also have a valve built into the neck which isn't needed and would have to be removed some how.
    If you could get around this a tank like that would look amazing

13. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Case is looking nicer and nicer and nicer all the time... I really like the ran grills on the top, an old feeling. I am going to have to do an ammo rust style pc after project fast mod... check it out

14. dudeyourmomiscute!

dudeyourmomiscute! What's a Dremel?

dude it really looks rusted! pretty realistic job dude like the protuding fans n stuff and the symbols!

15. ben184

ben184 What's a Dremel?

Those fan grills are spot on. I never cared for the look of those particular fan grills, but used on this case, they are perfect!

I don't know what you are doing for switches, but I was looking around.

How about something like this for a power switch:
    [​IMG]
    It's called a knife switch. I found it on ebay (link) I think it would be a very unique way to turn on a PC; have to swing this large lever down. Very Frankenstein...

Also very dangerous (exposed contacts).

These would also be good power switches. They are a better match for the industrial look:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The first one is an electrical disconnect box. The other three are breakers (like resetable fuses...). They could all be hacked into some kind of power switchs (all you need is something that shorts two connections). They are definitely big, but the look is right (I especially like the "Thermal-Magnetic Circuit Breaker" label on the third switch). All found on ebay (Switch Panel, First Breaker Switch, Second Breaker Switch, Third Breaker Switch)

Also, this as a reset switch:
    [​IMG]
    This is a type of switch used for emergency stops, like on a table saw, or some other very large, dangerous piece of machinary (Like a gaming PC!). It even reads "RESET" and "EMERGENCY STOP". The red would go well with the red valves you are using. Also found on ebay (link)

16. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Wow, this is coming along great, loved your wood case and I'm lovin' this one as well. Keep up the awesome work, can't wait to see the finished probuct. :rock:

17. kestrel

kestrel What's a Dremel?

that emergency stop switch would be great

18. r3men4nt

r3men4nt What's a Dremel?

Uumm... Durr wtf is this?

[​IMG]

19. DreamTheEndless

Wait and see - He'll tell when he's ready.....

20. DreamModder!

DreamModder! What's a Dremel?

ohhhh sweeeeeeeeet :D I realy like your idè! :rock:

keep it up, good work!