1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Question for a window mod.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by D1lazarus, 28 Feb 2004.

1. D1lazarus

D1lazarus What's a Dremel?

I am looking to mod a window into my case and want to create an effect in the window that I have not seen anywhere b/4 (altho I may not have looked enough.) What I want to do is somehow mod in LEDs or some kind of a light source that would create almost laser like lines across the window. If you have ever seen commercials of large concerts where they use a multibeam laser to shoot out over the crowd where it looks like there are bars over the top of the crowd you get an idea of what I am looking to do. I would like to do this from either side of the window or from the top and bottom to create a net like effect that would make it look like there was a laser grid protecting the internal components. Anyone having any thoughts ideas or brainstorms on a way to do this PLEASE respond any ideas would be accepted.

Edit: Got some of this idea from looking at the modded mouse pads where they used LEDs mounted into the plexi to make it light up in various colors altho in my case I want to keep the light tightly focused like a beam.

2. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

Well the easiest way to do it would be to etch the lines onto the window, then shine an LED in from the side. That would light up the etch, and make it look pretty much like a laser.

3. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

that sounds pretty cool, i might do something like that on my case. :D

4. D1lazarus

D1lazarus What's a Dremel?

This is kinda the idea I was thinking of as well just wasn't sure how bright th light would be by the time it got to the other side of the window. I was thinking of doing the LED bank like they have in the mod guide. http://www.bit-tech.net/article/82/1