1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Gnemelf formerly kirba :Update 5-6-04:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Gnemelf, 11 Dec 2003.

1. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Cool so far, i want to get some work done on mine but i never have time.

2. r-gator

r-gator What's a Dremel?

Quite cool.
    I'd work on mine but I never have any money. Wife never lets me have any. Why oh why did I get married? Oh right.. free sex. :D

Anyway... nicely done with the bondo. Any idea how much you used for filling up all of those holes? And did you trim down the backside of those holes as well or did you just let it ooze through and harden that way?

3. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

let it ooze through then dremeled off the nubs. :p btw girls suck.

4. Abyss

Abyss What's a Dremel?

That's a very smooth, sleek looking design. I like how the lighting turned out so well for you. It all flows together very well. Are you doing anything behind the case door on the front, or do you not have pictures for that yet? I can't really suggest any changes or ideas now for fear I'd suggest something to screw it up. Great work!

5. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

I'm actually in the process of finishing up the front. I'll get some pictures up when I get a chance. :dremel:

6. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

Right so I'm wondering if this act of boredum could be incorprateed into this somehow.. but I highly doubt it.. broken scanners are fun.
    [​IMG]

7. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

Ok I finally got the cash to finish up modding my case I have removed all my parts from it for the time being.. so this is my pc for the moment

[​IMG]

8. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

Ok, so I have finally decided everything that I am going to do to finish up the case... I have been taking my time to plan this stuff out.. so I will post the plans and stuff, after I take some pics and what not, the update should be up by either late tonight or sometime tomorrow morning :)

:edit: Also I have changed the name from project kirba to project Gnemelf, considering I don't like the name project kirba, and gnemelf will go better with my final plans.

9. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

How do you do the bondo job? What material do you need?
    Doesn't it work with metal?
    Is your front bezel metal or aluminum?

Last edited: 3 Mar 2004
  10. [twig]clown

[twig]clown What's a Dremel?

Great work so far man. Love the tribal designs, those grills are awesome.
    Keep up the good work, glad to see you moving on with project again.
    You could use that busted scanner ccfl for an underlighter (or "UFO" effect).

-cLoWn

11. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

Yea thats what I was thinking,

otto- My front bezel is plastic, bondo is availible pretty much anywhere ... at least aroundhere it is.. there are plenty of guides online about bondo and what not. :)

12. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Looks great so far, whats that square grill type fan guard? Id really like a couple for a pc im building.

13. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

not exactly sure... got that who fan unit out of a old fridge... lol.

14. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

K so there won't be any major updates for about a month seeing as I need a months worth of money to finish this thing.. well there will be some updates bodywise.. so yea.. :D

15. blarg

blarg What's a Dremel?

Just wondering...

What do you use for those inserts for the front blowholes? Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere in these forums, but i've searched for a while but couldnt find where anyone listed what they used.

16. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

You should be able to get them at like home depot or any hardware store.. they are like things for desks that you put the wire through.

17. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

ok so my image host is down once again.. but should be back up later on.. but anyways.. I now have everything that I need to paint my case.. everything is done on it.. but I can't show ya the pics.. since my host is down. lol I added another 120mm on the top.. did alot of custom redoing on the chassis of the case.. mad my own custom fan things.. made the 2 80mms on the back into 1 120mm custom thing.. spot putty'd the front did alot of work on the drive area.. so it only looks like it has 2 drive holes now.. put in a vandal switch for the power switch I have all custom fan grills.. now I just have to repaint the case.. the spray setup I have now is nice 300 dollar spray unit.. 300 dollar compressor.. nice ass water filter... just have to setup and paint booth.. and go buy the paint I want for my case.. I'm debating on a whole black case .. with red fan grills.. but I dont' wanna really ditch the silver chassis and black bezel.. I need some input on what you guys would think would go together better.. if I do silver chassis fan grills will be black. lol.

18. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

finally an update.

Ok so my physical case is on hold.. until I get my ordered paint in so I can do the bezel. but for now I did the first inner lighting on my dvd drive.. still gotta do the cd-rw. But anyways here are the pics.. hope ya like... oh yea.. and my ghetto videocard hookup for the time being considering my ****ting stock fan died on the heatsink... lol. :waah:

Lit Dvd Drive :rock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ghetto Video Card Fan :duh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

should have another update withing the next week or so. :dremel:

19. Go4t

Go4t i

love the ghetto vid card fan its almost as bad as mine

20. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

Lol. Yea this is only temporary until my artic cooling vga silencer thingy gets here.