1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Mod: Lian Li PC-61b :: Feedback Plz!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by STi305, 22 Mar 2004.

1. STi305

STi305 What's a Dremel?

lol thanx,

nah the temp card in there is a geforce mx440 8x agp and 128mb ram, not bad, but kinda lags sometimes, my ti4600 will be here soon, i just got home from school, so hopefully it will get here quickly

2. x3r0

x3r0 What's a Dremel?

It's not a R9800pro :D

3. STi305

STi305 What's a Dremel?

lol yea once i get a job ima get some nice ATI.

anyway once i put my card in i had MAJOR problems, the drivers didnt feel like workin for the geforce, but its all sorted out now, ill post pics probably friday, cuz my sleeving is supposed to be here tomorow.

cya

4. STi305

STi305 What's a Dremel?

ok guys,

sorry for the wait, but its finally another update time.
    i got my cable sleeving and two black rounded dual 18 inch ide cables. also i got my ti4600 back, thank god everything runs smoother, YAY! :D

anywayz, here is the cable sleeving kit thing.

[​IMG]

i really REALLY hated this, and im going to redo it later with loom. here are my reasons to want to kill myself for buying this;
    1. no instructions, not rocket science, but i would have liked to at least have a picture of how to do it properly,
    2. the sleeving itself was nice and it did strech fairly well around things, but once you get it on there was no way to pull your wires through, and it snags on the sleeving ripping it apart, even when i got smart and taped up the edges that i thought would catch, it still did it.
    3. the sizes for the sleeving didn't seem practical, there was only 10 feet of the only size that would have worked for anything, i would have also liked to see more zip ties, but thats no big deal.

save yourself some problems and get loom, i will more than likely redo this with loom later.

here are the rounded ide cables, great stuff, not much to say.

[​IMG]

ok then, after a crap long time, im still very unhappy with my sleeving job, but i guess its still better than before, you can see the before on the first page of this thread, and the now here:

[​IMG]

i'd also like to throw in a pic of the stealthed drives, because you couldnt really see what was up before, so here ya go:

[​IMG]

hope you guys like, your comments have been very constructive and made me proud of my first modd here, so thank you very much :thumb:

:::MORE STUFF:::

ok, i just purchased a thermaltake tr2-m2 tmd hsf, arctic silver 5, and i was going to get like 5 panaflos, but the site gave me some BS error when i clicked purchase like something was entered wrong. nothing was wrong so i guess ill just wait for svc to get the panaflos back in stock. (the medium panaflos are only 6.99 there !!) so i think im going to duct one of my exhaust fans onto my hsf so i can get more air rushing on that baby cuz my temps were suprisingly high, at about 45c idle, i was not happy. im also going to add that extra exhaust below the ducted one on the back. hopefully with all that, my temps can get down to about 35 idle. thats my goal at least.

Last edited: 29 Mar 2004
  5. Stingher

Stingher What's a Dremel?

Looks a bit like my own 6099b

[​IMG]

6. STi305

STi305 What's a Dremel?

whoa man nice case ya got there.

expect a FATTY update tongith so please stay posted :D