1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding LED heaven

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bard, 2 Sep 2003.

1. Skinwalker

Skinwalker What's a Dremel?

2. stoned penguin

stoned penguin What's a Dremel?

3. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

Chi-Wing LEDs manufacturer direct.

You can usually get 100 LEDs for $8-$12 w/ free shipping. All items are in bulk sale and come directly from China (so you do have to wait 2 weeks some times). But it's well worth the wait. On my last order I got 50 3mm superbright RED LEDs for $12

4. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Woah, I live like 5 minutes away from there :p

Looks like a great place, I may have to place an order with them for my modding needs pretty soon :thumb:

5. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

$16.50 on buy it now for 100 3mm blue leds

6. coorz

coorz Miffed

Got me selves 20 white 12000 MCD's from LSDiodes, let's see how it works out.
    Might try Chi-wing some time too, first need to find an excuse to order 50+ LED's :D

7. theflinger

theflinger What's a Dremel?

yeah, the only thing about the cars is just dont make them look like neons, cuz those are illegal (dont put them anywhere but the taillights, its a distraction to drivers if they are under the chassis, for instance)

Man, those are damn cheap. really, I might have to buy a few hundred of those and line my room walls with them. that would be sick

edit

and they're against TCPA!

8. ChegsJAR

ChegsJAR What's a Dremel?

LSdiodes are great

Always had good service from them and never had any troubles with import tax.

True you can get more for less on ebay but from lsdiodes you always get the quality.

9. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

Ahh, they're no good to me, I need yellow LEDs. Mmm yellow. :thumb: I found some on ebay actually:

25 x 8000mcd Yellow LEDs a pathetic £4.99 :clap:

10. bistro

bistro What's a Dremel?

Fantastic link...and my order is in! :thumb: :rock:

Now...if I can only find a similar site that sells Chieftec cases for 5 dollars.... :naughty:

11. coorz

coorz Miffed

LED's are in, superservice from LSDiodes. Got free sticker and 2x5mm UV leds as well :thumb:

12. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

I checked them out on ResellerRatings and they have a good rank, but not many comments so far. Maybe some of you could add on to what's there? They're just up the road from me too. Probably one day delivery if I am too lazy to pick it up for an hour's round trip.

I saw some red LEDs being used on a newer model of the car I have. It was a single row of red ones in the middle of the back. It really got your attention that the breaks were on. Does this mean I can modify my car? :dremel:

:lol:

13. princexxx

princexxx What's a Dremel?

thanks for the headsup on this website, so cheap! Just ordered some LEDS for one of my projects to do over the holidays. Cheers!

14. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

omg lol i just went on best hong kong led ebay store, and the leds are 9 cents when u buy in bulk (over 1k) so you could make a solid case of LEDS for about 260$ per square foot of wall, but each square foot would need
    3600 x 20ma = 70 AMPS of power to run at full brightness. I think you would go blind lol