1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Lian Li

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by planki, 31 Mar 2004.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I think they're trying to make it look like a G5 and I hate it.

2. Pookeyhead

Less of a culture shock when everything goes BTX I suppose... that's probably the reasoning behind it.

3. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i still dont like it ...

i think ill save money and work on my pc71 to make work how i want it ... i guess 2x120mm makes a lot more sense that 6x80mm, but heat still rises.

the psu is where it is in ATX for a very specific reason ... to draw air from the top of the case ... in this case i can see nics and soundcards frying left and right ... cpu's and gpu's arent the only heat producers in a puter ...

i'd like to see a squirrell cage exhaust on the top edge of the rear of these cases ... 150x40x40mm ones can be had ... i think it would make much more sense that way ...

4. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

I like it, looks some what like the original with a face lift, or im just blind
    i like the medium size window

5. Carbon

Carbon Banned

squirrell cage?? you got a link to one plz :D

i'm sure that lian-li would of thought about the whole heat rises thing, surley??

6. Darv

Darv Bling!!

TBH when I first saw it I didn't like it. But it's grown on me and I love it now!! And with a layout like that it's perfect for watercooling!

7. planki

planki ...

lets home bit tech get to do a review on this case then some of these questions might be answered :p

8. Carbon

Carbon Banned

is a squirrell cage exhaust like one of them expansion slot cards with a fan on?

9. Lightning

Lightning What's a Dremel?

its lovely, i want one :rock: just hope those castors can be taken off and replaced with decent feet :)

10. ndtinker

ndtinker Car Washoholic

11. Cruelinios

Cruelinios EvE Addict

DAMN right, ive already planned my watercoolin setup for it! but not too sure about the whole window on the right hand side thing.... some serious thinkin about my desk layout will be needed :D

12. Pookeyhead

Exactly... I have a huge desk, that curves around me, to the right... basically.. it's a right handed desk... having that case, or BTX when it arrives will cause me huge problems.

A plus point though, is that the video card will be the right way up, so nice looking video cards will get seen properly.

I still think it's a G5 rip-off though, and I still prefer my PC65.

No rivets holding the window in is a nice touch. I prefer rivets to a rubber seal to be honest, but no rivets... no anything in fact, is better still.

13. Carbon

Carbon Banned

*Holy thread revival*

BUT

I noticed something while looking at the case again :D on the topic of "heat rises" if you look at the rear pic Here you will notice that the whole of the upper part of the case has holes in it allowing the heat to excape :)

14. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

i'd have one with out the premodded window...

kthxbye.

15. Carbon

Carbon Banned

Holy thread revival batman!

BUT

you can get the new lian-li's at www.cpucity.co.uk now :D !!

16. Darv

Darv Bling!!

You can get them at Kustom as well. Not a bad price IMO but I've only had my last Lian Li a few months :(

17. bleecher

bleecher What's a Dremel?

Ohhhh, i already have one :)

18. Carbon

Carbon Banned

:waah:

Are they any good?

19. N4N01D

N4N01D What's a Dremel?

dont like it :( just summit about it looks like one of the old dell's

20. bleecher

bleecher What's a Dremel?

sweet as mate. the front intake is a waste though, as it only cools the harddrives -and i wouldnt use it if u lann0ring alot because the HD caddys dont hold the HDD 100% firm, they shift back and forth quite abit. When trying to make the case look tidy you dont have alot of room to hide cables behind the mobo tray it easily bulges the sides. they look georgous! ive taken the floppy out and just stuck a bezels in there and ive also put 4 cathodes behind the grill that subtly shine light out (looks great) they are really quite -but the side panels can be a bitch, they are perforated round the edges, ive cut my hand twice when installing the mobo and slit my toe just by sitting infront of the machine. apart from that there quite good :), but the are abit tight on space -and the upside down thing rox0rs!

oh and they use cheap gh3y mobo mounters!! really crap cheap ones! oh and theres no reset button :I