1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks My web server....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Otto's, 4 Apr 2004.

1. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

I installed the keyfocus web server. My connection is fine and my PC directly connect to the internet. When the welcome page poped up, I noticed that the link of administration and statistics doesn't work. Which means, I can't access to 127.0.0.1 or 127.0.0.1:9727 . I don't use a router and I get IP from DHCP servers.
    What is the problem? I can host a site and I can access it though my IP. Do I need a LAN IP as 127.0.0.1 .please help me . thanks ! :waah:

2. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

do you mean you can't access it from another machine?? 127.0.0.1 is the local loopback address aka localhost. that will only work on the machine that you are hosting on. Hope that helps

3. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

Yea.. I know it is loop back.. I am trying to access it though the machine that installed the web server program. Sometimes it works , but sometimes doesn't. I don't know why..I have a Kerio Personal firewall (software) .I disabled XP firewall.....

4. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

make sure the loopback interface is set up to be used for the 127.0.0.1 ip.

start -> run -> cmd -> route print

should have a line like.
    127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 1

5. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

THx. I have that route. I also found out that I can access 127.0.0.1 or 127.0.0.1:9727 once in a while (it's the settings interface of the web server program) . Now I can host more than one site by changing the port of the site.The program have this function which is really good.

I am setting DNS server by Sinple DNS plus . I wanna asked if my DNS server need a domain name? These are the settings..

link: http://hk.geocities.com/cyc2b040/1.JPG

NS represent the name server ....

I am setting up my FTP server too. I just wanna ask my FTP server uses 127.0.0.1 port 14147 . So, a client type in my LAN IP or WAN IP (internet) in
    order too access my FTP server. I found out that a server can't access itself .

Last edited: 5 Apr 2004
Tags: