1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster wear goggles when cutting stuff

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DeToX07, 18 Jan 2004.

1. VadimtheConqueror

VadimtheConqueror I love the little tacos...

i saw a guy route his finger open, that was kind of interesting.

i thought about atleast putting my glasses on yesterday while i was working on my case. a couple times the cutting disk shattered and smacked me in the jaw. thought, hm, this could hurt if it hit me in the eye.

2. vaiomutatorman

vaiomutatorman What's a Dremel?

Ive been nicked in the forhead by half a cutoff disc, it WOULD have bled all over the place, but the disc was so hot that i guess it cauterized the nick instantly. Jesus God that hurt like hell. And yeah, i was wearing glasses.

3. Twitch

Twitch What's a Dremel?

Holy sh**, that must have burned like a mother fu****. I sure hope that never hapens to me

4. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

besides the whole weed wacker acedent that happened earlyer in the thred

i hate when people leave nails and other sharp objects on the ground

some guy using my shop likes working on the ground (go figure)

so as i was walking i stept on something very sharp and painfull

i quickly pulled it out i gues part of it got stuck so i maneged to get my shue off when i pulled my sock off (blood every were ) i saw the tip of what got stuck in my foot so i decided to pull it out (stupid idea one ) and when i did it got stuck to my skin when i pulled so i pulled harder and it riped almost all the skin off the bottom of my foot it hurt like a mother f#@ker so i finally get my self to the tub so i won't bleed all over the place even more

i was in to mutch pain to do anything so i asked the guy who had the peices on the ground to poor some alcohol on it (stupid idea 2 just beat the crap out of stupid idea 1) the idiot poors the whole damn bottle on the foot

to make a long story short i still limp on that foot today but it doesn't hurt as bad

5. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

o... m... g...

i once cut through my finger with a hand-held circular saw. my pointing finger. a moments inattention and i slipped and cut through the flesh and partway through the bone. it was interesting to know that the blood that shot accross the room was arterial, hence why it was jetting out at a serious rate, but my amazement was somewhat lessenned by the diziness and dimming of vision.

i thought pc modding would be a nice safe hobby...... you can keep your dremels! :hehe:

6. Monster63385

Monster63385 What's a Dremel?

I think i've been lucky in my modding because other than pissing off my neighbors while cutting with the dremmel and a few minor cuts on my hands i've never had any injuries. Although i was working as a prop cook at a restaurant and cut the flesh off the tip of my thumb while cutting onions. The flesh was hanging on by a small piece of skin. i bandaged it up and at the end of my shift my boss finally talked me into going to the emergency room, so i went and when i finally got to see the doctor the first thing he did after he sterilized my thumb was peel the flesh back which had already reattached itself, that hurt worse that the original cut.