1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project Ultimate Upgrade- Counter Strike

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Timdog, 6 Apr 2004.

1. Timdog

Timdog What's a Dremel?

I want to mod my case all in the name of the game Counter Strike. I know I know CS is an old game etc, but I still like playing it and it's all I play so I decided to do my mod on it.

I currently have an Antec 1080B case. The first thing I want to do is mod my front door. I would like to cut out a 92mm or 120mm fan hole there, complete with a CS fan guard. Then I may add some things such as a CS etching. I don't think I will have a window in this one yet. Now I have NO EXPERIENCE with modding at all so I need all you good chaps (ugh I know too many brits :blush: )
    to help me out a little bit.

I can see that first I will need to make a hole in my front panel behind the door. I currently have two drive spots filled by a DVD burner and a Digi Doc 5. I have two more small panels that I can cut out. How should I go about cutting these panels? Or should I replace them with another easier material to work with? The panel is ~ 6"x3". That's in inches.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2004
  2. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

lol buddy the inch sign is this "

edit : well what material is your door,
    will you have room for a fan? (my door only covers the drives, which i have all in use)

my guess is that your case door is plastic. I reccomend using a hole saw on a low speed drill, and stopping every few seconds to make sure u dont melt the plastic. If the inner layer is plastic you can use the same method, if it is metal, you should also be able to use a hole saw.

if your using a dremel just remember to go slow on the plastic, and stay inside of your lines so u can file it out instead of screwing up.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2004
  3. Timdog

Timdog What's a Dremel?

I already have a 92mm fan temporarly mounted there so there should be room. The material is plastic. The only problem I have is that the front panels come in two pieces. Should I just tape them together REALLY well and then cut them? Or is there another way to do it? I'll have to go see if my dad has any saw holes for his drill.

My next thing would be to make a grill with the CS logo in it. Anybody have ideas on that?

4. Zogthetroll

Zogthetroll What's a Dremel?

well, Here is the old standby for CS fan grills.

5. Timdog

Timdog What's a Dremel?

Those were exactly what I was looking for Zogthetroll. Now I just need to get all the parts. I will also need a recommendation for a 92mm fan? I do have a Panaflo one on my SLK900U but I'm wondering if there is another one that will be better.

6. rob_65

rob_65 What's a Dremel?

Depends if you're going for all-out cooling performance or not. For total performance, go with a Vantec Tornado 92mm fan, and put it on a 7-12v fanbus, so you can turn it down when the performance is not needed :)

hth

7. Timdog

Timdog What's a Dremel?

Well I was looking to get something that could be controlled. I really would prefer a quieter fan, even when running it at 7v. I want to be able to turn it up to full blast while I game and still have it tolerable so my parents don't complain.

I don't really know what to go with in this area. I bassicaly need a fanbus and a
    92mm fan that would be tolerable noise levels at 12v and pretty quiet at 7v.

EDIT: I just noticed that those fan grills are only 80mm. I guess I'll have to go with an 80mm fan then. Any recommendations?

EDIT EDIT: I checked out directron and I found this fan which may not even require me to get a fanbus. http://store.yahoo.com/directron/uc8fab.html Will this be a good fan? Does anybody have anymore recommendations?

Last edited: 7 Apr 2004