1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i pitty the fool who uses dail up to get on the net

Discussion in 'General' started by johnwilliams474, 5 Apr 2004.

1. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

:clap: :clap: :clap: Two, even, though he managed to make one 5... :jawdrop:

2. ajack

ajack rox

Not to be annoying but the spelling in most of his posts....leaves a little to be desired?

3. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

heh, been picky now, but its not even a keyboard error, he has said it wrong 4 times in his post too!
    and his sig says shure.....
    anyways, my spelling is atrocious (had to find a dictionary for that word
    just to make sure i didn't make a prat of myself :D ) so can't exactly take the piss....(still will though)
    - M@

[​IMG]

4. ric449

ric449 What's a Dremel?

New edition for the 1990's, lol. Who actually buys new versions of dictionaries? What is the point? Is there new words invented all the time or something?

5. -:: M@ ::-

:hehe: :wallbash: :hehe:
    YES that is the reason there are new dictionaries...new words get put in each edition!!! :duh:
    (someones feeling stupid now :) ..... )

-M@

6. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

pwned :thumb:

7. NissanFrontier

NissanFrontier What's a Dremel?

56K STINKS!! I want to play all these new online games. But I can't and I probably won't get broadband until I go to college :waah:. So whats this new wireless broadband I keep hearing about? Anyone know anything?

8. ric449

ric449 What's a Dremel?

I've seen this word a few times in these forums, what does it mean? This is one situation where the good old dictionary won't help me. :D

9. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

owned was replaced by 1337 speakers a while back i think for the o key was near the P key dunno just talking out my arse at the mo lol. its just owned with a p instead of o now go back to your dictionary and check that word OWNED.

thanks
    morgan.

10. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I had come connection problems earlier today with Bell Sympatico... So I called them, after 45Mins+ of ranting and complaining...I got a free (no price increase) upgrade from 1mbit (100mps) to thier new 3mbit (300mbps) gaming service**...some of the games that they provide are kinda lame, but 3mbits is 3mbits.

**I no longer have to buy most of my games, they have a server that provides the games for free. :rock: :rock:

11. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

im back home now roed runner sweet road runner

i remember when i had dail up it made my computer seem like it was slow

dsl speeds up every thing

i had a bunch of rage back then i remember wanting to rip my computer out of its hole and throw it off the empire state building

off topic:

i want to see the new movie punisher and i just left fore work an hour to early im back

on topic:

Last edited: 6 Apr 2004
  12. -:: M@ ::-

half the posts in this thread have been about your atrocious spelling, and you still spell Dial-up wrong..........jesus..

- M@

13. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Ok ppl let me in on this secret wtf does dail up mean is it slower then dial up or faster, or does it use a different protacol im quite confused.

John do you have "disdexia" or somin you have spelt dial up wrong a good few times lol,

morgan.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2004
  14. -:: M@ ::-

god im going to feel bad if he actually has dyslexia, but he seems to be able to spell words over 6 letters correctly
    .... its just really hard ones like roed(on the second time he spelt that correctly?) ,fore and dail
    - M@

15. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

its dyslexia and yes i did have it when i was younger
    not any more

now its just that i type faster than what i can think and im to lazy to fix it

16. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Dude i wouldn't correct my spelling start on your own and it was a deliberate mistake notice the Speach marks around the word.

Go do a google search for 'Retarded Animal Babies' its from that, thats why i spell it like that have done since i saw "R A B" its damn funny.

Back on topic, slow your typing down and read what your typing as you go along and if you are that quick im sure it not hard to use the backspace to correct your spellings and the fact you spelt it wrong 5 times shows that your not as clever as you think you are, slow down and try harder. Im not the greatest speller in the world but i can type ****ing fast with minimal mistakes and im quick enuf to go back and change ones i've made.

Practice makes perfect

morgan.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2004
  17. k3nn

k3nn What's a Dremel?

i know what u mean, my spelling is crap, notice im sticking to short words! shorter words seem to get me more then long ones though, like the, or teh as i seem to spell it.

i also know what u mean bout dial-up too, i go round my friends houses and play games, COD mainly, cant get enough of that game. rifle everyones asses, get home and get lagged out of the normal servers and sprayed in the 56k servers. gettin braodbadn in about a week, yay, been waiting since november when bt said they would upgrade the exchange. yay dont think i could take much more AOL, aaaaahhhhhhhhhh even the name fills me with anger.

18. -:: M@ ::-

MDK, before you take the piss out of him, or correct him, you have spelt wrong with an e at the end twice, thought I might aswell point it out before John does (quick edit..edit..before he see's :))

- M@

PS if you have dylexia when your younger, how the hell do you get rid of it?? I thought it was a permanent thing, also there not typo's from fast typing, as the letters your changing around are on the other side of the keyboard :)

- M@

19. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

Practice what you preach people. Let's play a little game. What's wrong with this? Which mistakes are the really obvious ones?

Well we see here the use of "your", what i believe is supposed to read "you were."

Then we have use of "there" instead of "they are or they're." It's not the same thing.
    What exactly do you mean by "typo's"? I do believe this points to some sort of ownership. What exactly does the typo own?
    Based on my very limited knowledge of the English language, "your" is also out of place there. I do believe "you're" would be more fitting in this context.

I don't normally nitpick about grammar but I'll do it just this once. I find great pleasure in pointing out a grammar nazis grammar mistakes. The moral of this story is practice what you preach.
    You don't need to point out any spelling mistakes in this post cause I don't even live in an English speaking country and cause I only posted this to make a point. :cooldude:

20. The Bodger

The Bodger What's a Dremel?

Attention 56k ers: An 'internet accelerator' that really works! (I kid you not!)

Getting back to the original purpose of this thread, if anyone out there is stuck with '56k or 56k' they may be interested in taking a look at 'OnSpeed':

OnSpeed internet acceleration

Whilst most 'internet accelerators' are a total joke, this one actually works. Yes, it costs £2 per month, but it does work really well - I've tested it at my friends house. Web pages load almost as fast as with broadband, on a 56k modem dial up conection.

How it works: OnSpeed have a high speed server. When you request a page, onspeeds server downloads it, compresses it (a lot!) and sends it on to you. Hence you get more information from the same amount of data. This method accelerates all web pages, but unfortunatley doesn't help zip file downloads etc.

But I for one recommend it. I'm almost tempted to get it added to my broadband connection. Additional info: PCAnswers gave the service 93% in a recent review. (independent approval)

p.s. I'm NOT a rep fpr these guys. honest.