1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding LapTop MOds

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SuperFly, 13 Mar 2002.

1. SuperFly

SuperFly What's a Dremel?

Im modding my laptop at the moment so far i have sprayed it sliver and im puting in a window thought maybe icould connect leds under the window but does anybody have any experince or any otehr ides

p.s my mum freaks out when mod my comp its so funny:cool:

2. Adam

Adam Minimodder

Please post some pics if you do manage the window mod, I'm thinking of doing the same thing but would have no idea how.

3. TwiSteD LoGic

TwiSteD LoGic What's a Dremel?

sounds good, but the only thing is that in most laptops they are packed tight.. and the locking strip might not have enough room to fit

4. enfer_know

enfer_know What's a Dremel?

stick some el lights up under the keys...that would be nice......if you can wire them in there (don't know much about laptop power supplies)

5. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

you can buy glow wire that runs offa AA batteries (3v). so you could run it offa the batteries if you were worried about battery life. other than LEDs theres not much more you can do. im starting to get into case art. not just painting, i mean like drawing and paintings on the thing. i found a badass optimus prime pencil drawing that i make into a big decal. but my window isnt big enough on my PC so its going into my car lol.

6. SuperFly

Im still trying to cut through the bllod placity

I am stil trying to cut through the blood plastic anybody have any ideas how im using a stanley nife at the ment and i tryed heating it up but it didn't help it get through:mad:

7. riyaz3000

riyaz3000 What's a Dremel?

your mad

moding laptops are dodgy...

i started it on my toshiba satellite..... it died... they aren't as hardy as desktops,,, and if u kill a component... thats the end of the laptop, wheras on a desktop, just rush of with a family member's credit card and replace the part u broke... :)

8. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

lol. stanley knife.

get yourself a dremel with some cutoff wheels. its small enough so its easy to control.

9. UnLoadeD

UnLoadeD What's a Dremel?

I think if you're not willing to toast it, you should stop right now.

10. SuperFly

I got my uncle to lend me his jigsaw so it should be all good cant wait to use:p And does anyone have any clues about re wiring the leds.

11. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

R u mad taking a jigsaw to your laptop. I would hate to hear what would happen if you slipped or went to far. Nooooo its given me an image of a cracked tft with a blade sticking through it what have you done :D :D :D :D

12. SuperFly

im gonna be real careful and hopeful nothing will happen alll that bad their is no otehr way so i guesss we jsut wait and c
    :confused:

13. riyaz3000

riyaz3000 What's a Dremel?

if u do decide to go ahead and use a jigsaw.... have someone take pics... i would LOVE to see the pictures.... :cool: :D

14. KevinOwns

KevinOwns What's a Dremel?

A jigsaw!?!?!?!? Video tape it!

15. UnLoadeD

UnLoadeD What's a Dremel?

I hope we are all worng, and this doesnt get moved to Disaster Mods 8P~~ I think the rule for lappies is "measure 10 times, cut once"

16. KevinOwns

KevinOwns What's a Dremel?

I hope we are wrong too! Just 10 times? I would measure until my hands bled!