1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coolmaster aero7 lite..no paste :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikey, 8 Apr 2004.

1. mikey

mikey What's a Dremel?

hi...

my new(eBay item but said it was new) Coolmaster Aero7 Lite arrived and i excitedly opened the box to install it and get a few extra Mhz outta my rig :)

but when i opened it there was no thermo paste :( ...howver the bottom of the heatsink does have a small tab which has to be removed before installin, is the thermo paste under this ? cuz the description of the item said a thermo paste pack wld come with it but i cant find one ANYWHERE :( unless its under this small tab :confused:

thankz in advance

2. Shrapnill

Shrapnill What's a Dremel?

The package was sealed and everything?

The tab on the bottom of the HSF is merely protective so the base is clean and shiny prior to installation.

The packet of paste that comes with the Aero7+ is in a small plastic bag looking dealie. You cut a corner off the bag and squeeze some out (that wasnt as descriptive as I had hoped).

3. tipsterb

tipsterb What's a Dremel?

its a thermal tape thingy, it works like thermal paste, except not as gd in my opinion. maybe get sum artic silver 5 or sumthink if you want...
    you said you wanted to try and push the extra mhz outa your machine, artic silver will help with that alot. hope it helps, :)

edit - luks like im wrong, lol, oops, lol,

4. mikey

mikey What's a Dremel?

hi..

yea it was sealed :( ...and no paste :( thx for help

atric silver paste...know were i can order it fast and cheap ?? :)
    yea want to get more mhz outta it... now running a AMD XP 2800 (2.08Ghz) @ 2.25Ghz (47°C) idle so want to cool it down and overclock it sum more :)

thx @ll

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Mine came with a plastic cover on the base, underneath which was a small square of greyish paste, which works fine.

6. tipsterb

infact i do, i ordered sum about a week ago, took a day or 2 get here, erm, let me find a link....

here we go

free 1 to 3 day delivery on stuff over 4 pound. might not be the cheapest around, but when takin into delivery, its competive.
    hope i helped, cya :)

7. mikey

mikey What's a Dremel?

hi thanks jus got some off m8 :) brand new.... but no instructions....any tips on how much to use ??

thanx

8. tipsterb

9. mikey

mikey What's a Dremel?

lol found that very same site when i did a search in google :)

cheers anyway :) all in and workin ... now for n00b question 2 :p ... lol coming soon!