1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics a few questions about TVs and PCs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by turbahn, 12 Apr 2004.

1. turbahn

turbahn What's a Dremel?

My family is interested in buying a Back projection TV..
    We are also thinking about building a home made entertainment pc for the new TV.

So here are a few questions:
    What graphics card works best with a back projection TV?
    What is the best projection TV that works with that graphics card?
    Is the quality of taping from a TV card as good as from a video tape or DVD recorder?
    will the quality of games through the TV be as good as on a PC?

Thanks for your help!

2. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

I don't know if there is a specific answer for this...

my GF4Ti4200, R9600Pro, R9600XT, R8500, GF4MX440, GF3Ti500 all did well on my 65" Mitsubishi.... no noticeable difference in quality

I'd reccommend getting the best TV you can afford and not really worry about the card as they all perform failry similar, though I've found Radeons to have better TV out for some reason

I've never recorded from my TV card (I mainly use it to watch tv on my main pc)

games will have somewhat degraded performance... especially on a huge tv (you've got limited resolution using TV out... normally 1024x768... and if you're like me and play games at like 1280x1024... it looks ****ty)

3. Monster63385

Monster63385 What's a Dremel?

I would say if you can afford it get a RCA Scenium 61" DLP TV, they have a better picture and cost less than plasma tvs, however they are still expensive. The retail on mine is $4500 US. This tv has a dvi input so all you need to do is make sure what ever video card you choose has dvi output. I use an original radeon AIW video card and only a 1GHZ P3 in my tv computer and it works great. good picture quality and good recording off the tv.

4. turbahn

turbahn What's a Dremel?

thx for the response guys!
    does D-TERMINAL = dvi input?
    Monster63385, do you record via TV card?
    Is there another way to record of the TV?

Tags: