1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooled PC60 for a friend.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Whizzleteets, 1 Apr 2004.

1. Whizzleteets

Whizzleteets What's a Dremel?

Here's another pc I did for a friend:
    [​IMG]

And the one I'm using now, the mural on the side was painted by my gf:
    [​IMG]

As for the top, I was thinking just a square/rectangular hole, with some black mesh up there. I might cut out the fan grills on the front panel and replace them with mesh too, just to keep the look going. We'll see, it all depends on what kind of mesh I can find.

2. trit187

trit187 What's a Dremel?

nice painting, you should put a window in, paint on top of that and i bet you could do some kick ass back lighting through it to make a cool effect.

send my complements to your gf. that's a cool idea i havn't really seen done before.

edit: cool cd drive mod.

3. ChessMasterHex

ChessMasterHex What's a Dremel?

hmm i was looking at the wc loop and was wondering if the 2 outer barbs on th rbx are suppose to be used at inlets for the cool water and the middle one fer the outlet.

4. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

mate i love the case, its soo good ( been mentioned before ) how all the cables ares the right length and go hwere they need to be, looks tidy, very slick and very very swish , kudos to you.

an as mentioned, get an LCD in the floppy bays!

5. Twitch

Twitch What's a Dremel?

I really doubt that, considering the center of the block would be the hottest, cause thats where the cpu die is, and you'd want the coolest water there. The main idea of the three conectors is to get the hot water that just cooled the die out of the block asap...least thats what i've heard.

6. ChessMasterHex

ChessMasterHex What's a Dremel?

thanks for clearing that up, im just a wc noob but willing to learn! :thumb:

7. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Whizzleteets , my question?

8. Whizzleteets

I saved the removable HD rack by mounting the pump in the floppy bays, so that was a sweet bonus. Right now, the pump is screwed down with wood screws (temporary), until I get a hold of some decent bolts and grommets.

I tried going into Lowe's a few days ago, but their computers were down and I didn't want to wait 4 1/2 hours in line. I'll head back there when the vid card gets here.

9. RaptorLord

RaptorLord What's a Dremel?

Very clean looking WT! Thanks for sharing!

10. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Looks good mate, just a few sceptasisms though.

The Zip ties arn't gonna cut it long term, you should slap some Jubali clips on there. The tube going onto the inlet of the 1250 doesn't look too safe either id replace that with a barb asap as well as the outlet. Thats about it, apart from that nice work looks nice a nd clean :)

morgan.

11. Whizzleteets

That inlet barb isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I had to heat up the tube to even get it on that far, and by the time it cooled, I could probably have swung the pump around by the hose without fear of it coming loose. The zip tie there is mainly for aesthetic purposes, as it's not really helping that much. The system has been running for a little over a week non-stop, and I haven't seen any reason for concern so far.

Thanks for the tips, though. :D