1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project:: Black Lightning-- FINISHED!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by JEEVES, 1 Apr 2004.

1. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

yeah it is called bondo, and i am not sure where in the uk you can get it. but here in the states you can pick it up at almost any hardware store. here is the web site to the companys home page. http://www.bondo-online.com/about.asp hope that helps out some.

JEEVES

2. Jesterjedi

Jesterjedi What's a Dremel?

Ah its a body filler thanks m8 i'll go to the shops on monday and grab some

3. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

Ok time for an update. I got alot done today (hooray for a day off). Now you can finaly see the direction the front of this case is headed. I have taken the front door pannel off (i hate bay doors). I have also cut the bottom half of the front panel off, but i left the sides of the front. That way i can mount the door as the new bottom, I didnt like the way chieftec cases have a real curvy bottom. On to the pics

I have cut out the center of the door and glued a sheet of aluminum in its place
    [​IMG]

using a piece of 3in pvc that i cut in half, and attached some straight pieces of plastic (spare parts from what was cut off) I was able to make an oval to fit into the front. I cut out the aluminum and squeezed the oval into place.
    [​IMG]

Then as always bondo (this case is turning out to be more bondo than plastic)
    [​IMG]

Then sand....and more bondo
    [​IMG]

after many hours of sanding and bondoing and sanding some more, i get this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On top of that oval (about 1/3in) will sit a piece of lexan (tinted of coarse).Here is the rough cut before sanding
    [​IMG]

All sanded and sitting next to the done oval. you can see the bolts i will be using in the background (same ones as on top)
    [​IMG]

And of it just sitting ontop of the oval
    [​IMG]

I also got some of the top front done, and will post those later tonight or tomorow. Unfortunatly most of the realy good stuff doesnt come till later. Until then

JEEVES

4. benje

benje Minimodder

Good work old buddy old pal <I SAY I SAY> good work :D
    (im not really ur friend but ur name is jeeves and im british :naughty: )
    great work anyway..

5. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

^^too much corronation street for you..

The case is looking good so ill be following this :rock:

P2D

6. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

alright time for a good update. now you can start to see why it is called black lightning (well the case will be black.....) here is what is going to go on each side of the bays

[​IMG]

and a shot of it without the flash
    [​IMG]

Here is where it will sit (imagine one on the other side as well)
    [​IMG]

Now what i had to do was remove the plastic caps on each side of the tubes. and it still did not fit right, so I had to cut down some of the case (right around the bay).
    [​IMG]

And to control the dust (damn bondo) I had enigma hold a 120 finga choppa (he actualy caught his finger in it, but wouldnt let me take a pic :hehe: :hehe: )
    [​IMG]

Of coarse i had to do the same to the other side (but i didnt take a pic of that) but here are the tubes test fitted into place. I also had to cut away some of the bottom. I will be bondoing over the bottom and top to keep that nice clean look. The blue stuff on the tube is just seran rap to protect the tube from getting scratches, it will be removed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I had to drill holes into the top so that i can run the wires through the top and into the flase top.
    [​IMG]

More to come

JEEVES

7. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Looking interesting... so the tubes are going in the bottom or the top of the panel? Everyone is taking the good chieftec ideas... I guess I will have to mod something else next time...

EDIT ::: Nevermind the question... I see the pics now. I reall think the stands for the tube should be inside the front panel rather than on the outside...

8. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

what stands? if you are talking about the plastic caps that are on each end they arnt even going to be on there. I am going to be bondoing over the top and bottom so that it looks like the tubes are built to the front of the case. I hope that answers your question. I am going to go start some of the bondo work now so i should have some pics later tonight

JEEVES

9. nico

nico What's a Dremel?

looking very good.
    i'll be watching this one

10. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

skankin good! like to see a good cheiftec mod (spoilt for choice here):thumb:

11. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Very nice. This case is looking great so far. Keep up the very good work. :rock:

12. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

That is exactly what I needed... It looked like you were just going to leave the tubes exposed... yuck...

Thanks for the answer... the case is looking nice :rock:

13. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

NEED HELP

I need a good water block for my agp and for my northbridge. I am not sure wich ones to get tho. I have a zalman block on my cpu, but the zalman agp blocks look prety crapy. I am leaning towards swiftec for the northbridge, and i kinda want the danger den (no plexi) for the agp. Can anyone think of any cheaper, but good, water blocks. thanks.

JEEVES

14. bilbo

bilbo What's a Dremel?

hi Jeeves...

That's my first post here... and I'm swiss, so my english isn't perfect...

For your waterblocs, I think you could take the zern. They aren't to cheap, and they looks like pretty, but if you want one most powerful, take the nexxxos... it's very good (but I don't like it design...)...

Just one thing... the nexxxos doesn't need a big flow, but a big pressure, and your zalman is the reverse...

so change your zalman for a nexxxos too, or better for a 1a-cooling...

and, the must, but it's very expensive, is the atotech MC1 (for CPU) and atotech Arderx-G (for AGP) and atotech Ardex-C (for chipset)
    Infos: here

and finally, if you don't find it in USA, take the swiftech, there're very good too... (just for 2-3 dergees :hehe:)

15. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

Welcome to bit-tech :clap: . And thank you that is very helpful, I will look into those blocks right away (i havent heard of a couple of those). Thanks

JEEVES

16. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Pug at www.wizd.co.uk sells some Nexxos blocks and ships to the US.

17. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

THanks man, I might order an aqua tube from there as well :rock: . Those things are next to imposible to find in the us.

JEEVES

18. KONIJN

KONIJN What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

:eeek: how did you get 4 hands :naughty: (one for the camera)

[​IMG]

oh and keep up the good work i like the front a lot

19. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

i swear...does anyone read anymore. :worried: j/k yeah that pic does look like i have 4 hands.

JEEVES

20. KONIJN

KONIJN What's a Dremel?

it lookes like you have 4 hands (they look alike)
    and i did see it just a funny pic