1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Case modding: Project Zerg egg

Discussion in 'Modding' started by crazyman_130, 12 Apr 2004.

1. crazyman_130

crazyman_130 What's a Dremel?

Ok guys, for right now this is all just in a planning stage...but me and some guys i know that are very artistic are looking in to modding my case, the idea...Zerg egg. Ok so some of you already lost intrest and are probaly saying, dude your never gonna pull it off. But ive been talking to a guy in Bloomington who makes masks and im gonna go to Piloux (HL2 case maker) and ask him if he could help and give ideas. Ive already thought about what i want, and it would be basicly something like this ... http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/...?auction_id=757 but a little more starcraft like. The idea is to take latex and fit it over my case like a bubble, take a pump and pump air in and out to simulate a aliens (zerg) heart beating and the zerg moving around, and to also take some tubes and run it along this surface to make it look like veins, running a blood red/toxic green liquid through it to look like alien blood.

This would also be cool, http://www.stampede-entertainment.c...3-l.html...what is that guy using though...is that plaster or what?

latex...great stuff, not so easy if you can sculpt with clay though ...heres how we could make the latex bubble...http://www.monstermakers.com/howto.html we could add veins and all kinds of stuff...i cant really explain how i wanna do it so far...i just know its possible

Any ideas so far? should it be in the shape of an egg? or what...the guy said it would deffintly be hard, but what do you guys think...any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sam

2. Leadpipe

Leadpipe What's a Dremel?

Awesome! Good luck.

3. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

What about making a StarCraft theme case, and have this Zerg-Egg idea (on a smaller scale) incorporated into it (maybe seen inside through a window)?

You could even have the Outside done in one 'race' and inside do it in a Zerg-Style. A Zerg Hive inside the PC? I think that would be bitchin, IMHO... :D

4. crazyman_130

I was thinking about doing a theme case but im not quite sure what to do on the outside...maybe like a nexus or Command center design or somthing like that....ideas would be great

5. Go4t

Go4t i

infested command center

6. crazyman_130

good idea....that would incorporate my fav race with the zerg which should make for a very interesting but complicated case. Ill start to think about that one and how i would build it...right now i would make half a sphere basicly...paint it, and then add latex and viens....i wish there was a way to make the viens (water cooling tubes) have like a pumping action...any more ideas upon that? ill find some pics for you guys that have no clue what us starcraft players are talking about.

Sam

Ok here we go...heres a (small) pic of the infested command center...http://www.gamespot.com/features/starcraft_sg/087-zb-infestedcommandcenter.html

i think i have a model of this in 3ds max...so ill probaly go from that since it would be much bigger.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2004
  7. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

Hi great ambitious project there :thumb: I thought a little about it and I think the best way to build a theme case for you is to integrate the egg onto the case like the alien head in this mod :

[​IMG]

you could use some latex and watercooling system to make the veins , it seems to be the best way to have good looking render with it but I never worked with these stuffs and I can't help you with it but don't loose your motivation I m sure this will be awesome when it s done

keep up the good work man :thumb:

8. crazyman_130

Hmm, yea, that would make for a good case...maybe even like the others said and take it and put it inside the case...i dont know..for right now im still thinking about the command center. The plans for that have changed, if i do that i will be making the case out of alluminum to show like a futuristic "base". To do this, lol im gonna have to cast the alluminum myself, and im not sure how to get the right sand to case it with ...anyone know anything about this proccess?

Sam

9. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

If you're lucky enough, you could try to find a hub cap, and some tubular metal, and work from that.

10. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

Yup! There is quite a bit involved to casting your own Aluminum, though.
    I would suggest a GREAT resource to start on is here:

http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/

Great Site! :thumb:

I might reccomend hunting around and try to be really inventive/creative with pre-fab metal components to build your Infected Command Center.

11. crazyman_130

if i cant cast it myself, im sure i could ask this place in indiana to cast it for me...sure would cost me an arm and a leg though..

aluminum casting