1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Innovatek Tank-O-Matic

Discussion in 'Modding' started by redhawk, 11 Jan 2004.

1. redhawk

redhawk What's a Dremel?

As of this writing I can not recommend one. Lets wait until we hear back from Innovatek. I will post what ever they tell me.

2. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

Redhawk, could you please post/mail me a few pics of youre case interior?
    I need a few ideas of aranging my case interior.

Cheers,
    Mike

My E-MAIL:
    mikeusa@newyork.com

3. redhawk

redhawk What's a Dremel?

4. redhawk

redhawk What's a Dremel?

Delete double posted by mistake

5. SFOD-D LoneWolf

Cheers!
    Much apreciated!

How did you attache the Tank-O-Matic inside the case?

Cheers,
    Mike

6. redhawk

redhawk What's a Dremel?

The Tank-O-Matic was attached inside the case with servo tape. Servo tape is used in R/C radio control cars and helicopters. It is used to attach the on-board radio gear to the car or helicopter. It is extremely hard to get off! It also acts as a vibration absorbing material. R/C radio equipment does not like vibration. This I felt is the best of both worlds. A strong double side tape that also acts as a vibration absorbing material.

The servo tape was applied to the bottom of the tank-O-Matic, then trimmed round by using an exacto knife against the edge of the metal base. I then finished running all my hoses, etc. The very last thing was to add the acrylic tube to the Tank-O-Matic and then test fitted it. Once satisfied I removed the second side protection and pushed the tank down in place. It sure sticks! You will not have worry about it falling over.

If you don't have a R/C hobby shop near by, you can do a search on the web for R/C Servo Tape. The good stuff is black in color.

It is so strong I have used it to mount a gyro in a $2,000 (USA funds) R/C helicopter. If the gyro would come loose, the chopper would come crashing down out of control. That is how certain I am this will not pop off after time.

See Helicopters here if you wish

Happy modding.

7. SFOD-D LoneWolf

Thanks!
    You have really helped me out :thumb:

I hope my Tank-O-Matic won't crack up like yours, but seeing as you've gone thru 3 tanks, I'm getting a little worried :worried:

Cheers,
    Mike

8. redhawk

redhawk What's a Dremel?

UPDATE on Innovatek Cracking Tubes

I wrote my contact this e-mail and received this reply.

First my e-mail to him;
    -
    I found a brand new 4oz bottle of the yellow fluid I was using during the cracking of the Tank-O-Matic tubes. Is their a way for me to test it to see if it has Alcohol in it?

I had e-mailed the company who sold me the chemical and asked if it contained Alcohol and what the contents are, but never heard back. If there is a way for me to test it, please let me know.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The reply I received back was; :grr:
    -
    I'm not sure about how to test for chemicals, sorry. Maybe a Google search would show what kind of test is needed? The official word from Innovatek is "...innovatek will only warranty their parts if used with only distilled water and the only additive officially supported is InnovaProtect Corrosion/Heat Protection. The use of any other additive would void the warranties and could potentially damage the components..." ... I'm not sure what's in the InnovaProtect but we've never had any reported problems (thermal or physical) from using it as the only additive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I guess this is the best we can do for now. I am going to try and find a way of testing these chemicals for Alcohol. If anyone know of a way, please let me know.

I am going to try and buy alcohol test strips. Maybe they will work on these chemicals.

I will post an update if I find out how to test, or my results.