1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Antec Sonata Mod (Project Serenity)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Kurtis, 9 Apr 2004.

1. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

WOW nice work!
    Those Antec drilled letters are great to add lighting behind, have seen a sonata with a blue/red combo which looks rather swish :D

2. ErrOnReq

ErrOnReq What's a Dremel?

Yeah, the duct lip was cut off so it could conform to the case's curve.

3. Kurtis

Kurtis What's a Dremel?

here's a few more pictures of what i've been doing recently... I took all the PCI brackets (including the ones on video card / sound card) and painted them black. I also took apart my Seasonic 200W PSU and painted it. Well anyways, here goes nothin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. dreamreality

dreamreality What's a Dremel?

wow lovin the black interior.

are u sure the 200w will have enuff to power the beast?

5. Kurtis

Kurtis What's a Dremel?

yes i have been using it for months, trust me it has no problem running my system

6. Meatloaf

Meatloaf What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: Nice work again. Never really thought of painting the PCI Holders. The case is really starting to take shape, Keep it up Cant wait to see the end of this.

7. TMM

TMM Modder

cool project!

no offence, but the antec PSU that came with the case will be 20x better then the 200w you've got there :\

8. ErrOnReq

ErrOnReq What's a Dremel?

Earlier in the log he mentioned that he is using that PSU because its' small size comes in handy when he decides to add the lighting/mod to the "Antec" holes on the side panels. Not sure if he is going to use the same method, but that was the reason for the smaller PSU in the beginning.

As he mentioned before, he has been using that PSU for months now with no problems. Unless it suddenly dies, catches fire and explodes, I don't see any real reason to use a more powerful one.

9. tobiass1

tobiass1 What's a Dremel?

WOW that is nice.. My sonata is a little bit like yours, I have a 120mm Titan fan in front and window in the side door :D

Sorrt about my english :p

10. Kurtis

Kurtis What's a Dremel?

Today I finally got back to work on the mod, after much procrastinating.

So far today I have finished cutting the needed acrylic pieces (for covering ANTEC stampouts), re-primed and painted the front steel plate that the radiator will mount onto (still have to do possibly couple more coats and clear coat then rivet it into place on the case...), and I started using Bondo on the front of the case. I will have pictures up tonight of my progress, but I'm just taking a short break right now :)

11. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

Did your acrylic come like that or did you put some contact paper on it or what?

12. Kurtis

Kurtis What's a Dremel?

Brian picked up some big sheets of it, they came with that brown paper on it. I'm pretty sure anywhere you get acrylic it would come like that, otherwise it would be scratched during transport etc.

13. Kurtis

Kurtis What's a Dremel?

first layer of bondo... i had to peel off a little bit towards the end as you may be able to tell, because it started setting on me... this stuff sets pretty quick, that or i'm just slow

[​IMG]

bondo layer # 2, i didn't learn my lesson and the left side started setting while i put it on...

[​IMG]

so with the aid of some sandpaper and my handy dremel with a grinding stone attachment, i smoothed it out pretty well.... not totally done smoothing it out, but getting close...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i also decided the door of my case had a horrible paintjob thanks to myself... so i sanded it down, cleaned with soap and water, and primed it today. No, i'm not repainting the outside, just the inside.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Buzku

Buzku What's a Dremel?

OHHHWW! I have Sonata too and... I like this mod very,very much!

I can't wait to see the case when it's done!

:D :D :D :D :D :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

15. Kurtis

Kurtis What's a Dremel?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that before doing the bondo on the front of the case, I had to trim away the excess plumbers goop with the aid of my Dremel and a grinding stone

16. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    um in the last pic it looks like your good paint is on a concrete floor :hehe: please tell me its not..lol

17. activecactus

activecactus What's a Dremel?

Hello to all, just joined the forum and I have to say that your case is comming along great! Love the 120mm fan in the front.

Is the fan going to be a "turbine mod" with the airplane nose? I have the the same case (the one that you practiced on) that I plan to make into a turbine.

I can't wait to see it finished.

18. Kurtis

Kurtis What's a Dremel?

that is just where i set it to dry lol...

19. Kurtis

Kurtis What's a Dremel?

you have the HP case? heh... i won't be doing a turbine mod on the fan, it's just a blue uv 120mm fan. you'll see soon :)

20. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

Keep it up Kurtis!!!

This thang be looking swank!!!

:thumb: