1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics How Lucky

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bathrug, 19 Mar 2002.

1. Bathrug

Bathrug What's a Dremel?

Here we go,
    Bought a geforce 2 MX from scan last year but when it failed I sent it back to gainward for repair.... after a month I started calling germany wondering where my card was.......... they told me they didnt have it (even though it arrived registered post 2 days after I posted it), needsless to say after approx 20 phone calls and a similar amount of emails they informed me that the card was faulty and they sent me a replacement Geforce 2MX 400

I contacted them to inform them that it should be 5ns NOT 6ns as my previous card was 5ns, they told me that the card i had sent them was a 6ns even though my receipt and box said 5ns. so here the happy story unfolds.

I contacted scan as they were the people i bought it from ...they were a little concerned as you can imagine and contacted Gainward Direct... this has taken 3 months so far so I figured a little longer wouldnt hurt. any which way it took so long to sort this out that gainward had now a UK Manager who took this issue direct .....

After contacting me and many many apologies for the bad treatment he tried to send me a geforce 3ti 500 and of course I took the day etc to get the card ...... it didnt arrive ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I called the gainward UK general manager he informed me they had sent yesterday ....... but he would check ...10 minutes later the phone rang... it was teh gainward chap .... it hadnt gone till today and as it would be late he has also sent me a geforce 4 becasue of the delay.

Bottom line to this is GAINWARD ARE ACE!!!!!! talk about customer satisfaction ... i am still blown away and so are scan ..... 100 points to both of them .... now all i have to do is get the blooming GF4 to work in XP *lol*

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

LOL well for 3 months and prolly £100+ phone bill id want a better card too :D

3. Bathrug

Bathrug What's a Dremel?

The phone bills came to a little over £25 but all in all they were ok about it ... I gotta say though The German office was crap all they did was say that nobody was there and I had to try and use Bablefish to get my requirements across *lol*

4. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Gainward have a very good reputaion for things like this, which is the type of thing I wish was more prevalent in the IT suppliers industry!

Gainward make very nice looking cards, that are above the usual standard, often being a fair bit faster than the competition (My Ti450, based around the Ti200, is 10Mhz slower than the normal GeForce 3, despite costing less than other brands slower Ti200 cards, which are clocked lower).

Thumbs up for Gainward!

:cool:

5. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

No way, if only all companies were so helpful! Mind you, I had a good experience with Cool Case Mods once and would also give them 10 out of 10 for service! That was one cheap GF4 you ended up with there!

6. Bathrug

Bathrug What's a Dremel?

ohh yeah I forgot to mention the geforce 3Ti arrived 2 days before the geforce 4, i did offer to return it by the GM said that i could have it and use my old geforce2 as a coaster *lol*

7. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

oh my gawd jeez dude you are lucky!

:)

Tags: