1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project : Blackmesa HL²

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 24 Feb 2004.

1. Tt Ownage

Tt Ownage What's a Dremel?

now all you have to do is beat the crap out of your Monitor and paint it?

:D

GREAT work.. i thought that keyboard was done for until you improved it ;)

2. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

wow!
    the keyboard is looking great!

keep up the amazing work! :D :D

3. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

OMFG what the HELL am I thinking?! That's the second 80's reference I've messed up in the past month...

*School overload* :duh:

4. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

And I just saw the keyboard update...I liked the look before the paint, it looked awesome and screwed up JUST enough to be perfect. Then again, it didn't fit with the case, so it needed paint, but the whole design still isn't a bad idea to begin with.

:rock:

5. SugarBear

SugarBear What's a Dremel?

except that Wayne and Garth are 90's characters

good work on the keyboard, but what's up with the little bit of area on the front, under the space bar that isn't orange?

6. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

I might be being picky but does the silver bit at the top of the keyboard look out of place?

No offence intended, just commenting :)

7. Jonas79

Jonas79 What's a Dremel?

Look at the end of the update ;) It says he has the silver parts left :)

This project is amazing. And it's developing fast :jawdrop: Seems almost finished :worried:

8. Xeno

Xeno What's a Dremel?

I suggest it will never be finished since I like to come here and see updates. :hehe: :D . Go on with it Piloux and keep up the awesome work!

~Xeno~

9. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

:D I think that since I spend few time over Bit-tech my english language is on good progress, I m actually not using more google translator like few month ago :thumb: thank you Bit-tech :)

thank you , the keyboard is irregular and not smooth but I have to mod the piece for the wrists ( may be you can help me about its name?) and I plan to make it smooth to keep the comfortable use , btw the top of keys are like the original

10. fillip

fillip What's a Dremel?

Wrist support or Wrist rest :thumb:

fantastic work

11. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thank you ;) it is so simple that I haven't thought about it :D

12. fillip

fillip What's a Dremel?

no worries.

13. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

hey there piloux. just wondering a few moot points.

you have that radioactive green tubing in your case... why not put some green glowing LEDs alot with UV ones in the keyboard? and make a 3\8ths tube with some green liquid in it (that would be there just for looks) cap off the ends and loop it thru the broken holes at the top of the keyboard for looks.

and same with the monitor- this would put the idea of radioactive green ooze through out the mod ya know?

but overall dude. this is one of the classic mods. im talking like zapwizard, gnome, macroman, mashie, linear, and piloux - dark crystal was amazing by the way.

maybe you can take some of the keys off the keyboard and dremel the bottom edges (so you dont have to touch a rough edge) to make it a little rougher... and maybe some keys can be messdup that you dont normaly use (f1-f12? and the INSERT\HOME\PAGEUP\END\PAGEDOWN keys and keys like that) :dremel:

just a suggestion =)

again. i cant wait to check this out on the next update... SPEAKING of update,
    can you rename the thread with *UPDATE + date* so we know when you put new pictures up? i would appriciate that =p

THANKS PILOUX!! YOU ARE AWESOME!! :clap:

14. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

i think we have the next mashie... ;)

dark crystal.. blackmesa.. oooooh. what is this guy going to do next?? your pcs really do rock you should get a job doing it :D

also.. an idea for the rez.. you remember how in half-life there was the flashing blue creature containers.. put a blue 3mm flashing LED in the base ;)

15. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

you should submit this project in "MAXIMUM PC" rig of the month.
    You could get 1000 dollars to help start a new project as slick as this one, good job!!!!!!!!!

16. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

piloux, i already read almost all the pages of this realy amazing mod, but a could'nt find a good answear on my question;

I also have that rust paint (i should say, my mother has)I applied the firts layer, witch contains sand like pieces and is grey. That should dry 12 ours. Now it has been painted 4 ours ago, but i can easily remove it by scratching with my nails over it. Will it more scratch resistant after applying the 2nd layer witch causes the rust color or should i whait longer? Can you write a short piece about how you painted it?

17. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

Hi and thanks :baby:

I m sorry but I don't remember :duh:

nice idea but this competition is only for US resident :waah:

Ok , that's right , the paint is not very solid after the first coat but it comes harder with the second one (oxydant solution) , It also depend of the stuff you paint, this paint is normally to use with metal and wood , not with plastic, that's why I paint the plastic pieces with primer first , like I m rather an hurry up man I never wait for 12 hours before applying the second coat :D , you can use a heat gun to get it dry quickly and paint then with the oxydant, the final effect and solidity of paint come after one day drying.If you want you can use varnish to get final result and then the paint is really solid (like I make with the mouse and keyboard)

good luck :thumb:

18. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Moderator<br>(everywhere else)

Wow, I had read the first 15 or so pages of this some time back and read the remainder tonight and I've got to say this is turning out to be one kick-ass mod!

Just had a quick idea for you regarding the internal wiring. I don't think you should try to clean it up at all. In fact, I think you should intentionally try to make it look messy. Take all the cables, make them longer than they need be, colour them black, split them into an ungodly mess and then make them hang/droop half-assed from the top of the case using rusty hunks of haywire. In fact, you could also add extra scraps of odd cable maybe with exposed ends (corrugated hose or BX) to add to the mess. Bonus if you could find a way to make them jiggle from time to time (muscle wire?). I think that would fit the theme quite well.

Once again, nice work!

Last edited: 6 May 2004
  19. Kuchenaxt

Kuchenaxt What's a Dremel?

Hi
    I'm from Germany, sorry for my bad English =)

Your PC is already cult here, but it is to difficult to click through the whole thread. So I made this little Flash movie. It's very simple, but better than to click and click and..

Cya, Kuchenaxt =)

www.hl2.eu.pn

edit: Piloux, if you don't want that I present your pictures.. then I will take them offline.

Last edited: 6 May 2004
  20. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

I say it's a great idea! :rock:
    But slow it down a bit.

Cheers,
    Mike