1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good online piercing stores?

Discussion in 'General' started by Joshwah, 7 May 2004.

1. Joshwah

Joshwah Minimodder

Hi i was wondering what online stores people use for streching stuff? My ears have got 5mm tunnels at the moment but i want to go upto 8mm, i was after the plugs that go up in .5mm at a time to do that but i can only get full packs of them for 20 quid any heapplaces anyone no of would be great! :thumb:

2. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

Erm, try the Oasis Center in Birmingham, theres a side bit on one of the floors, that has a load of crap around to make your own braclets, and other 12 year old activities, but by the counter theres a couple of glass cabinets, and I seem to recall that there were loads of individual ear streching pieces in there, any sizes, also multi ones (looks like a horn that did 1-5 mm, and 5-10 mm i think, but they do the seperates).

- M@

3. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

www.coldsteel.co.uk, only pleace on the internet I've ever found with a decent selection and the shop in camden is pretty cool too (that's where I got my belly button done!)

4. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

There's always bmezine.com but i don't know how much it would cost to ship overseas or whatever. can't check now because of work filters...

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Im wondering how they "remotely" pierce something? Do you have to plug some special attachment into a USB port and they send you an "activating" email or something?

6. Joshwah

Joshwah Minimodder

:hehe: lol something like that its very clever thisnew technology i think its a firewire attachment not usb tho!

7. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

I was thinking that maybe online piercing involved ordering a small man with a hole-punch that the Royal Mail would deliver in a little box... :worried:

8. penski

penski BodMod

www.wildcat.co.uk

Not too expensive

3mm stretch? i'd get a long 8mm curved taper and do it slowly....

*n

9. Joshwah

Joshwah Minimodder

Yeah i went upto 5mm with a curved taper just i no people who used tapered plugs seem a little less painful way to do it but i think im goin to go for the horn again. No pain no gain and all that.

10. penski

penski BodMod

I'm remarkably resilient to stretching...1.6-3.3 on my left lobe in 2 days and to 2.4 on my right with no problem....can nearly fit a 4.4 in my left already (3 days later)

*n

11. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

Wildcat are definitely the best body jewellery shop in the UK, at the moment. Have a look at http://www.ouchbodyjewellery.co.uk too. They're pretty good, reasonably priced, and have a nice selection. Postage is a little slow, though.

I ordered some flesh tunnels a few months ago - they weren't shipped until 7 days after I ordered. It's not too bad, I suppose, but still a little slow by other online shop standards.

Wildcat are pretty slow, too, but still quicker than ouchbodyjewellery.

12. Joshwah

Joshwah Minimodder

I managed to do 2.4 to 4 and then 4 days later to 5 so im not to bad i think upto 8 shoudlnt be that bad as when i first streched them id only had my ears pierced 4 weeks.

Theres a place near me that sais theyll got from 1-13mm for u in the shop but i think thats a bit mental myself!!

Ive had a look at ouch before they look pretty good.

I think ill buy my horn localy and get all y new tunnels and plugs from wildcat :thumb:

13. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

14. RTT

RTT #parp

If you took them out would they close up again? Might look a tad silly when you're 40 :duh:

15. Joshwah

Joshwah Minimodder

Yes most places say you can go upto 10mm before they wont close up again so im only going upto 8mm because im small, so knowing my luck it would be slightly less for me.

A friend of mine who went up to 8mm now wears earings again, i think it all depends how long you leave them in for!

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This is what i dont understand, like tattoos - what happens when stuff sags or wrinkles in 10-20-30 years?

17. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

heh, met a guy in town once who had massive ones, like 20mm or summat, cant remember, was hilarious, could fit his index finger through it

his exact words were

yeah anyways...

Brandon Boyd (Incubus front man) has a pretty large one too
    (edit, before you twisted people attack this post, im on about his ear stretcher)

- M@

18. penski

penski BodMod

A lot depends on the individual...Some people stretch and reform easier than others. Older flesh will stretch easier but is less likely to return to 'normal'.

Most people can go up to 6 or 8mm and have it close back down again...I have, however, seen people close back down from 30mm plus by dropping one or two millimetres at a time and taking months and months to do it...

Latest figures: left lobe @ 5mm, right lobe @ 4mm.

*n

PS: my piercer has 50mm and 30mm plugs in each ear... one of each in each ear.

19. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Psssh flesh tunnels/plugs are getting too common now...

Gimme good old earrings anyday!

20. penski

penski BodMod

I wear barbells in mine cos I am the cool.

Plus the weight feels good and helps aid stretching...

*n