1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Couple of new coolermasters

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Gordy, 20 Mar 2002.

1. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Nope very solid :)

2. Thorfinn

Thorfinn What's a Dremel?

All three of them were from an American company called NewEgg. I get alot of my computer stuff from America, because they do not screw people on prices and taxes. I got them so I could leave one in the USA, and take the others to Iceland, and Norway after I loaded them up with parts.

I just checked, and it seems that NewEgg is not selling the ATC-110 anymore. Maybe they got alot of complaints? Hopefully CoolerMaster's other cases are better. I just wanted to warn people, because I was pretty pissed when I first opened mine.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

The 710 is a nice "budget" case if I can dare to call it that.... its nearly 3 times as heavy as my coolermaster 201 tho... thats one possible downside..... I would be interested in some prices tho ;)

4. ChenZen

ChenZen Minimodder

agree 100%, 710 is total chieftec ripoff, shows how good chieftec is though, coolermaster must copy the best :D

5. Boggy

Boggy What's a Dremel?

sorry every 1 for the confusion by what i said i did not know how much it was gonna cost but i just assumed it would be expensive!
    lol ;) my mistake!
    you have gotta love the 710 though :D

6. jimmy the fish

jimmy the fish What's a Dremel?

I hated the door on my 210, it looked swish to start with but then it just got annoying and felt really plasticy (is that a word?) so i sold it and bought a Chieftec mutha :)

Cheers,

JtF

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

I dont think its a rip off personally... they make awesome cases, and just credit them for entering the steel case market, as it adds the much needed budget range of cases into their highly exclusive range of aluminium cases ;)

8. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

jimmy - i'm pretty sure plasticy (sp?) is a word (even if i can't spell it:p)

they aren't ripping chieftec off-they're just buying it from the same supplier... at least they're bothering to change the front bezel :rolleyes:
    chieftec cases are only resold chenming ones, antec and enermax do it to the exact some cases as many know :)
    pity they're departing from alu tho :(
    when i first saw 710 it looked like it'd be mega £££ but since its a 70£ case with a new bezel its ok :)

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

I dont think they will depart from alu... they are just broadening their horizons, and appealing to Mr. Average a bit more. I am pretty sure they will carry on making new aluminium cases, afterall, its a better material ;)

10. PC4LIFE

PC4LIFE What's a Dremel?

The 410 =)~~~ Be great for a server that just sat on a desk.

11. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

sorry i didn't say that coherently enuff
    i mean't its a pity they have departed from selling ONLY alu cases... made them l33t :p

pah they still will be - but they won't be alu only :(

oh nm

12. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

i don't see lian li making shoddy steel cases... ;) :p :rolleyes: :rofl: :hehe:

biggie: "no, just shoddy alu ones"

had to beat you to it, sorry. ur soooooo predictable, n00b :eek:

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

lololololololol

I could have almost predicted you predicting what I was gonna say about the Li Li cases....

No they aint shoddy alu cases, they are nicer to look at in reality than they are when you see a picture of one. There is a couple of things that I personally don't like about the Li Li's, that is the front grills, they are rather industrial/ghetto looking IMO, and also the power buttons with them being plastic and the like ;)

They are just my opinions where the coolermaster cases look better than the Li Li cases... If I could be involved in the design of an Alu case, to be produced for industy... i.e. Medium scale batch production... there would be some very nifty parts of the Lian Li cases included into my design, as well as looks based around a CoolerMaster.

Things I like about Li Lis:
    The front bezel, the way it is so easy to remove... i.e. no messing with allen keys to get the thing apart... I also love the way that the drive bay covers just clip into place too.... very swish! :) On the topic of drivebay covers.... Li Lis supply the full complement of drive bay covers with the case, rather than coolermasters ohh they are bound to put a drive in there... look at the issue. Personally who would put a cream drive into an Alu case without painting it or making your own bezel from a Drive bay cover??

Li Li are great cases for the price is what I am trying to get at... I would have one as a second case ;) First place on my list goes to CM tho... for truely outstanding looks! :D

14. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

With the new price reductions in coolermasters I can see more people going for cm's over li's

15. UnLoadeD

UnLoadeD What's a Dremel?