1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Super Nintendo

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Ducarii, 8 May 2004.

1. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

Isn't it sun bleaching (not sure of the technical term) that happens to most any sort of abs plastic. when exposed to lots of Uv rays things fade (ever see a plastic play set or toys that have been out in the sun too long?) and I believe the original plastic color would be that yellow. I think it would be a lot easier to just repaint or buy another one. Also they dont have a terribly high collectors value since like bagillions were made all over. I still have mine and its still grey.. yay

2. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

HAHa you are fooled my friend, Contra 3 is surely not the best game, have you played Super Metroid, or Zelda, those games rule :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: without a doubt :D

I can't think of others right now, i just remember them cuz they are so good lol, oh yeah mario kart :D

Death

3. Ducarii

Ducarii What's a Dremel?

Well I just found out there are 2 diff models, one with button power and reset, and mine, with the big purple slider switches. Hydrogen peroxide didn't have any effect :miffed: either.

The point is that I don't want to spend money, your missing that lol, or repaint it, that would be altering it, I want it to look like what it did in 95' or whatever year it came out. :)

4. sirgeoph

sirgeoph What's a Dremel?

November 1990 for Japan.
    September 1991, for the US.
    June 1992, Europe.

5. stoned penguin

stoned penguin What's a Dremel?

i have purple slider switches too!!!!!
    they're awesome! and the reset switch does come in use......a lot :hehe:

i keep mine nice and safe in a drawer under my tv, well away from the evil plastic bleaching sun

6. Redimp

Redimp What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

I think these are all the different snes's released.
    Clockwise from top left US original, Jap/Euro original, Super Famicom Jr (Jap), Snes2(US).

7. Ducarii

Ducarii What's a Dremel?

Ah, and apparently I have the only one that discolors, wonderful. Also Penguin, it can change colors simply because of the heat generated inside the unit, causes the same chemical reaction to the plastic. That snes2 looks pretty slick though. I think may be powder coating it would be cool, white with may be black, I dono, thats if I did change it.

by the way, what is the super famicon? why is it called that?

8. Redimp

Redimp What's a Dremel?

Its the Japanese name, I think its short for FAMIly COMputer.

ps. If I remember right the SNES ran at 3.85mhz!

9. stoned penguin

stoned penguin What's a Dremel?

booya i have the US original :D
    and Ducarii, thats why i dont use it either :)

10. Ducarii

Ducarii What's a Dremel?

haha nice, so vinyl dye would work right, because its plastic, I tried ace hardware, but its not there, anyone know where I would find that stuff?

11. sirgeoph

sirgeoph What's a Dremel?

autozone has a lot...walmart has a limited selection, but a selection nonetheless

and yes, famicom stands for family computer

the original famicom in japan had a disk drive available for it (their super mario bros. 2 , known to us as "the lost levels" on super mario all-stars, was one of the games released on the FDS, famicom disk system)

12. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

dont forget the North american SMB2 was called super mario USA in japan
    because the US SMB2 was based off of the game doki doki panic. They didnt release the original SMB2 untill snes, because they thought the american public wouldnt be happy buying another game that looked incredibly similar to the original smb

and i suggest krylon fusion, that stuff is great

i own a couple snes's and have always wondered about the yellowing i have on one of them, nice to hear info about it :D

13. Ducarii

Ducarii What's a Dremel?

Ah yeah I forgot about that krylon fusion stuff, I have been meaning to find out how that stuff worked, so you say great then right? Seams like it can't go wrong if it bonds to plastic on a molecular level right? I'll check that out, thanks a lot. :thumb: