1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PS2 XBOX Gamecube Combo

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bloemster, 12 May 2004.

1. Bloemster

Bloemster Banned

I was just wondering if anyone thinks it would be cool/possible to put and Xbox, PS2, and a Gamecube in the same box. Also, if you have an old one that you might be able to donate to the cause.... :p Or if you know of where i can get a really really cheap used one of each, that would be good too.

2. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

It's been done, and it was cool. I can't remember the name...but it was featured in Maximum PC I think...

3. Go4t

Go4t i

it was kinda badly done if you :search: you might find another thread
    i think it was "really crazy idea" or something like that

4. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

yoshi's boxx :yawn:

5. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Minimodder

If you took them all out of their cases, had them all running on the same PSU, had a integrated KVM switch so you didn't have a trillion AV cables running out the back, then it would be excellent. Yoshi's left the GC in it's case, the PS2 in it's case, and the xbox was the only one he took apart, it wasn't well done at all :duh: I'd say go for it. I was tempted to do it, but having them separate was more convenient at the time :clap:

6. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Or as I prefer to call it, Yoshi's portaloo... :p

7. Bloemster

Bloemster Banned

Well, once i get some more cash, that would be a definite possibility. Does anyone know if they use molex connectors so that I could wire them all to a single ATX power supply, or would i need to do some modification of them. I don't know all that much about the voltages and that stuff, I would just take them all out of their cases and build each piece in so that it was as compact as possible. maybe have both drives directly next to eachother, and all the controller ports on the front. Maybe have the gamecube pop out the top. I would like to get a pc wired in too, but theres no way i would have the time or the money to do that right now.

8. File

File What's a Dremel?

If anything, make the GC pop out the front. That would be cooler :p

now all must do the same.. go go go.

9. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

if the gc is anything like the playstation you'll have a LOT of trouble doing that. the drive is proprietary, so its not a matter of hooking up a regular cd-rom drive... you could make your own sliding mechanism to do it, but it wouldn't be easy.

10. sirgeoph

sirgeoph What's a Dremel?

im thinking by that he meant still having the lid and not making it tray loading... i.e. the top of the cube would be facing you

11. vgatchaman

vgatchaman What's a Dremel?

Well this is what you do to put them all together...first off gather the materials...

- Glue/double sided tape

well...it's pretty self explanatory from then on... :thumb:

12. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

13. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

the newer boxx looks a lot nicer, and a lot less rushed... but how BIG is it!?

14. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Minimodder

I think they both were* poop.

The Xbox usees molex power on it's hdd, however the mb and the dvd drive use different sources.

1.0 xbox's have the 12 pin AT ps connector (wired differently)
    1.1 and up (now 1.6) have the normal ATX connector, wired differently as well.

To power these I suggest the Tribemods adapterr (let's you connect a normal psu and converts and switches the proper wires to connect to your xbox)

The Dvd runs on an odd 12 wire yellow power plug, if you look around (like www.llamma.com on the xbox page, you'll see it) You can mod that to accept molex. I suggest checking out www.xbox-scene.com in the tutorials section. The PS2 and GC will be more of a trick to get working, probably involve fabricating your own power adapter, but if i remember correctly they had the usual 12 v line 5 v line etc