1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mexican UFO Video

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Terin_Altari, 13 May 2004.

1. Terin_Altari

Terin_Altari What's a Dremel?

Dont know if you all have read about this yet, but I guess the Mexican Air Force video taped a UFO sighting. Heres a link to an artlicle on MSNBC link

I couldnt find the video for it though. Anybody know where i can find it?

2. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

Sounds like a top-notch stealth plane to me...

3. Terin_Altari

Found a news video. It shows parts of the video of the UFOs and shows some interview stuff too. Too bad its in spanish. link

4. seagull

seagull What's a Dremel?

Greetings
    I have always been a one to sit on the fence when the UFO subject rears it head. but after seeing this footage....................think I carry on sitting!!!!
    Laters :D

5. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

I can make ****ty looking footage with random flashes too. :blah:

I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists out in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet.

6. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Why is it always some dude with an awful camera that catches the footage?

7. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Your question is the answer. ;)

8. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Sweeto says...

[​IMG]

:)

9. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

there were 11 lights not 6...and they surrounded the plane a few mins. later

10. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

there were only 6 on the picture :-/ i didnt take any out, just drew lines between them black dots :)

11. apoogod

sorry I ment that they didnt show all of them in the pic

12. Terin_Altari

This is a stange cirumstance isn't it. Chances are that this will all turn out to be some elaborate hoax, but I can't help but admire what it is. What it could be.

I started reading what the people had said in the interviews, and watching some of the video. It sounds quite incredible, too incredible i think. The pilots said that they saw the lights and tried to get up close to them, but were unsuccesful. More and more lights started showing appearing in rough formations. One pilot mentioned how they surrouned the jet at one point, but remained out of view. The pilot continued chasing them, though he never came in eyesight of the UFOs before they disappeared completely from view.

Now I also read that the UFOs showed up on radar. Now I dont know if that is typical of such things as dont know a lot about UFOs in particular, but I thought if they had a image of the radar throughout the incident then they could study the flight patterns of the UFOs and determine if they were any known earth plane.

Of course, thats all assuming this is the real deal and not a hoax. Personally I think it to be an elaborate hoax, though I dont know how that bodes with the Mexican Air Force though. I mean, how far up would the hoax have to go? Perhaps it was just the pilots and the other people working that night. But are their superior officers really that nieve and trusting to officially back a UFO sighting? So then maybe it goes up a little higher, or not, its only speculation at this point.

13. apoogod

i heard after that atrical that mexico has the highest number of UFO sightings in the world....wonders why

14. X-Treme

X-Treme What's a Dremel?

Not alien side: Theres a extremely top secret hidden base in mexico and they were test flying a jet or plane using their new technology to make the plane invisible at night and the mexicans happened to spot it.

Alien side: It was aliens.

15. RPC_Student

RPC_Student Banned

I cant believe people are still stupid enough to believe in UFOs -- if aliens were to visit us it would be (A) for research (B) for expansion or (C) for principle, particularly religion

(A) would result in aliens staying well out of sight -- you dont see an animal in its natural habitat if your their sticking lights in its face

(B) would result in, most likely, militaristic expansion -- that is invasion. Which admittedly would bring us back to (A) for recon, but after recon invasion would occur -- and I think they would have had the time to do enough recon to know the precise method of attack - biological (we could never handle a sythesised biological attack on a global scale). Regardless, we'd be dead by now anyway

(C) would result, again refering to both (A) and (B) or simply them trying to 'convert us'

this is being as simplistic as possible, I admit, but still -- there is no reason why aliens would come here, to see a race slowly corrupt itself until self implosion. Unless they get a sick sort of pleasure from it, but either way, shining flying about like idiots would do nothing.

plain and simple -- UFOs (the alien type) have no sensible reason for existing

16. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Ok, this may start a flame war and I apologise for doing so but how can you be so conceited as to think that we're the only intelligent beings in the universe?

Have you never heard of the Drake Equation?

Look I'll explain, this is a direct copy of the equation, not my typing, so any mistakes are not down to me. :)

The equation computes N: the potential number of communicative intelligent civilizations in our galaxy. It is computed using the following equation

N = R* x fs x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x L

R* is the rate of formation of stars in the galaxy

fs is the fraction of stars that are suitable suns for planetary systems

fp is the fraction of those stars with planets (thought to be around 1/2)

ne is the number of "earths" per planetary system -- planets suitable for liquid water

fl is the fraction of those planets where life develops

fi is the fraction of planets with life where intelligence develops

fc is the fraction of those planets that achieve technology which releases detectable signals into space

L is the lifetime of such communicative civilizations

Depending on the numbers used, the Drake equation can yield wildly differing results. Possibilities range from a few (relatively) short-lived technological civilizations scattered far apart among the stars, never contacting each other before they disappear, to a more probable (considering the vastness of the cosmos) large number of life-bearing planets. There are over 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone, and it is estimated that approximately 1/2 of all suitable suns have planetary systems of some sort.

It is not known how likely it is for life to develop on a suitable planet. Once life does exist, however, it is quite evident from our own evolutionary history that it is quite adaptable and tenacious. The jury is still out, however, on how long species survive once they have developed intelligence and powerful technology.

Of course, all this depends on there not being a sign on the dark side of the moon proclaiming warning HUMANS AHEAD!

But anyway here's the link to the site I got the info from:

http://contact-themovie.warnerbros.com/cmp/drake.html

...and here's a link to the Drake Equation calculator.

http://www.seti-inst.edu/seti/seti_science/drake_calculator.html

My partner wanted to add a quick note...or twelve.

Shi-koi:

What about simple curiosity? Who says that if aliens were to exist that they have the same sort of responses and thought processes as us? Maybe they are so different that the concept of remaining hidden is so inconsequential that they are simply not bothered to hide themselves.

To put it even more plainly, if you were watching a dog, would you worry about it seeing you? Or would you just see it as a lower life-form? After all, who even says they accredit us with any form of intelligence?

Or they could very well just be arrogant enough to not care.

Maybe they're teasing us, taunting us, wanting to see our reactions. If we only see enough to make us curious, maybe then they feel that the internal arguments we throw at each other will make us so sceptical that we would not believe of their presence even though we have seen that they exist.

After all, maybe that odd person you've seen walking down the street is one of them.

How do we really know, how can we truthfully even try to understand something which is by it's very nature - and name - alien to us?

Would you even want to know?

To be truthful, I don't particularly care either way. there are certainly enough theories floating around, and so many of which are contradictory that it's hard to try to imagine that any one of them is even close to the reality of the true circumstances.

To put it simply; who are we to even attempt to make sense of something most of us have no rightful understanding of? We are Human. Not Alien. Judgement should be reserved until such time as any proof is allowed to surface, or needed.

'Course, all the theories are fun to read. But that's just one view.

Hugs,

~Shi-koi~

17. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

he wasnt questioning the existaance as such. he was sort of implying "why would laiens exist, because we arent very interesting!". which makes no sense :)

You forgot a ( D ) They come here to explore the galaxy/universe and meet new races.

And how about that ( B ) ? What makes you think that because a race has a means of intersteller travel, means they have better weapons/defensive technology then us ? They may have things which we dont, like a big old pile of anti-matter, or some kind of ote rnatural phenomina they can take advantage of. It by no means implys they could "beat us up". And as for the biiological weapon, you gotta just stop watching enterprise !

And actually, ( A ), Whats the best way of reseraching something then to go up to it and ask it questions ?? :p

seriously, dont take enterprise for what its really like :)

18. RPC_Student

RPC_Student Banned

It is not that I dont believe that intelligent life exists; quite the contrary, I believe intelligent life is more apparent than is universally accepted. In fact I believe intelligent life is more than just us humans, even on this planet -- only the definition of intelligence is not well formed enough.

On the drake front, I think people give to much weight to a wholey hypothetical equasion. There are variables which both arent considered and unknown.

RE: What makes you think that because a race has a means of intersteller travel, means they have better weapons/defensive technology then us

the reason for this is a well established conclusion that we are young as a species - the universe has been around for approx 4 billion years, in that time there have been many forms of animals on our own planet and they would still be around if it wasnt for mass extinction. The assumsion is that if aliens did exist, its very unlikey that they are at our level of technology considering the vast times involved. As such, its likely they would be either alot higher technologically or alot lower technologically.

Last edited: 18 May 2004
  19. apoogod

you forgot (E) They just want to phone home

20. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Oh look.. another blurry shot of lights in the... irrefutable proof that there is alian life amongst us. (sigh)