1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Zapwizard ammo pc guide soon to come!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by UNO, 14 May 2004.

1. UNO

UNO What's a Dremel?

sup uno here

We have all seen the famous Zapwizards case right? well havent you always wanted one ever sense you saw it? well in a month or so i will begin the long guide of how to assemble and build your very own Zapwizard ammo box pc.
    the guide will come complete with all the parts you will need and the places you can buy them etc. i have all the parts now i just need to put it together and write the guide

more info to come
    please if you have any comments or whatever please post because i do not want to post this guide if no one is interested

UNO

Last edited: 14 May 2004
  2. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

does zapwizard know about this?

3. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Why copy zap? What he did is really cool part beacause it is really cool (lol :D) and part because it is unique. I think if alot of ppl made these it will become so common and no one will care anylonger. Now if someone did something different then it wouldn't be as bad. Thats just my 2 cents.

4. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

@tm63usa I agree...

@UNO I personally disaprove of your guide

5. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

I am flattered, I would be curious to see you do it.

(Will it be a 100% copy?)

6. ubernewber

ubernewber What's a Dremel?

impersonation the most powerfull form of flattery. its not like hes stealing the design and posting it as his own, he mentions the originally creator and gives full credit to him for an incredible idear.

7. UNO

UNO What's a Dremel?

ZAP so you dont have a prob?

and i will try to keep it as origional as possible but i am no ZAPWIZARD so it will prolly be mor like 95% ZAP and like 5% UNO

but yea i am in the proces of reviewing the project log so that i can go about writing a great guide.

8. ZapWizard

I don't mind, as long as it is not a commercial thing.

9. crazyman_130

crazyman_130 What's a Dremel?

Hell, zap didnt even wanna sell that case, he was not looking for money out of this so the guy writing the instructions is not doing anything wrong...i deffintly want to see this cause i want a case like it...thanks man and thanks zap

10. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

er..... Love to see it when you've done it;)

11. fuzzygoblin

fuzzygoblin What's a Dremel?

at first i wasnt sure i this was right but i would like a guide simply to see how zap as done some things, i would never dream o making one my self this is zaps creation and zaptastic it is, it wouldnt be fair if people went and stole it so to speak.

anyways im sure its so hard that zapwizzard is the only one that can pulll it off.

from another of zapwizards interested and loyal followers

12. czechmodder

czechmodder What's a Dremel?

i do have to give zap respect on his great job at the case, it truly was a masterpiece. but to say that its so hard to do, w/o even trying it, makes me disgusted at the ability of humans to just be lazy and not motivated. i dont want to insult you but i think that its this attitude that causes a lot of problems. if you think something is hard to do, learn all you can about it until its easy.

13. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

didn't spike do an ammo case project log first?

14. fuzzygoblin

fuzzygoblin What's a Dremel?

im just saying that i as a 14 year old child have no were near the experience or knowledge of how to do alot of what zap has done

(sorry you can have your thread back now)

15. UNO

UNO What's a Dremel?

no no Please i want to hear what you all have to say because i did feel at first that this might not have been the best idea but Zap seems to want to see if it can be done. i also would like to see if i can do it because we must admit :rock: :rock: :rock: it is one of the most bad ass of cases to have ever been poasted on this great comunity we call Bit-Tech. i would also like to emphasize that there are no comercial intentions twards this project, this project is simply for "sh!ts and giggles" so to speek.

i also was wondering if anyone knew of a website where i can host lots of pics because upload-it just isnt the same since the change.

Keep poasting -------UNO

16. Chucjy

Chucjy What's a Dremel?

am intrested on seeing how all the little thigns were done but info on where to get the diffrent connnectors n that un uk would be good :) ( like wat zap did with mouse n keyboard that is my fav part of all the ammo box)

17. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Yes... I too can have a copy of someone else's case.

18. tortuegeniale

tortuegeniale What's a Dremel?

having a "copy" of Zapwizard Ammo PC would be like having a movie prop like the Back to the Future's De Lorean or having a copy of a Picasso paint :rock:
    as UNO dun want to sell Ammo PC case, it's require skills to make a copy...
    mine would be gray with orange leds for an "artic fusion reactor" look :D

19. ArmyAnt

ArmyAnt What's a Dremel?

I love Zap's case, it was so oringinal. Ammo boxes are starting to be overdone though, and nobody wants what there is already a thousand of. thats why we modders got weened off of that beige box to begin with.

20. ZapWizard

I actualy feel bad, as every time I see an new Ammo PC on a forum, people just link to me, and say hey check this one out.

I didn't want to kill the Ammo PC, which is probably the best type of case for any LAN PC. (Hence why I choose it)
    The project kind of just grew as I designed it.
    Heck the first design had the PC and LCD in one case: The nightvision box that the LCD is in now.

In all I think only a few things I did were really set mine apart from other ammo pc's

The custom jacks that made the PC look "Not like a PC"
    All the modified perephrials that tied the theme together.
    The lighting job that made it eye candy. (Without the lights the thing looks like a dirty old box....and it is)
    And I guess the amount of raw computing power I fit into the small box.