1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think i've been had?

Discussion in 'General' started by LayZeh, 15 May 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LayZeh

LayZeh What's a Dremel?

It was coming up to my girlfriends birthday and i she's been moaning for weeks how crap her mobile is. I got a phonecall from a so-called-friend claiming that he had two 6100 phones as new. I was then really shocked to find out that he only wanted £50, not for one, for BOTH.

I quickly got in my car and drove over as i needed a new mobile so i was killing two-birds with one stone. Now i'm sit here, with two unlocked phones that have been barred because they're stolen. I went to the local market and was told that there's no way i can solve the problem but the phones will work perfectly fine anywhere outside the UK.

Unfortunately i don't travel very often and i have no friends outside the UK, i tried to contact my so-called-friend to return the phones and he said "i made no promises" it's fair to say he's no longer considered a friend.

Now i realise this is probably too much to ask but her birthday is in 2 weeks and i wondered if anyone in the United States or a country other than the UK would be willing to swap handsets, as i said both handsets are in good nick, and infact all i'd need is the handset not the case so there should be no issues.

Even if i can just get one swapped so i can give her her present that'd be great if i can get them both swapped that would be fantastic.

I know this is a lot to ask and i do feel really stupid, if anyone could help me out i'd greatly appreciate it.

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

So your trying to flog stolen goods here on bit-tech, very clever. :eyebrow:

3. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

i dont know the legalitys of this thread on this forum so no doubt a mod/admin will close this soon as you said the handsets were stolen thus it is illegal to talk about getting round these blocks on this form.

what i will do is email you with a site where you can trade barred handsets. within the EU. or you can google for N-free

4. RTT

RTT #parp

Wouldn't that count as trafficing of stolen goods? Personally i'd report him to the cops!

5. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

If he's been a knob and sold them to you without warning you first bust his to the cops.

6. SJH

SJH Minimodder

Definitely. It's not as if he's much of a friend anymore, if you think about it.

-Sam

7. batsman

batsman the quiet one

yeah either give them back to your 'friend' for your money back, or get the police involved

8. penski

penski BodMod

Tell him to refund you or that the police will be involved.

Or film him refunding you THEN TELL THE POLICE ANYWAY!

*n

9. SJH

SJH Minimodder

And another thing I want to add, being in possession of stolen goods like you are now is a crime in itself and I would recommend telling the police before they find you out and arrest you ;)

-Sam

10. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

I would be inclined, looking at your post count and your "situation" to say you have no "friend" who sold you these phones. :eyebrow:
    If he did, I'd go over there and smash him for flogging you stolen goods, and TAKE your money back. Tis true these phones will not work in the UK, and I am sure this is against forum rules. I am surprised RTT posted and didn't say "mind the doors".

Threaten police action. lie to them as day you didn't know they were stolen until after he had your money.

11. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

Well You should taker them phones and shove them in his face, and tell him give you your money back or else you will notify the police.

12. Sanchos

Sanchos What's a Dremel?

EBay! Phones are often sold as "broken" on there, ppl claim that they just dont know why there phone doesen't work. Just say that it doesent send or recieve calls and there will be no problem.

13. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

and even worse, trying to SELL goods you know are stolen is even even worse of a crime. Take them back to the guy and tell him if he doesnt refund you, that you will tell him where you'll take this too :)

14. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

As in your first post you are actually committing an offence known as fencing I am closing this thread. My suggestion is that you contact him telling him that you will contact the police and tell them where you got the phones if he doesn't refund you. It is then up to your own morals whether or not you report him to the police anyway. Having seen a friend of mine mugged at knife point for a phone I have little sympathy with him and, if you do continue your course of action, with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.