1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Frequency Shift Keying

Discussion in 'Modding' started by gindle, 1 May 2004.

1. gindle

gindle What's a Dremel?

Hi Im new here, well i been watching the electronics board for some while now. I was just wondering if anybody had worked with frequency shift keying(fsk) at all? If anyone has then please post as i have a few questions.

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

FSK? You a Ham Radio operator?

3. gindle

gindle What's a Dremel?

No i jus want to be able to send a digital signal. And after talking to my electronics teacher he said that instead of just placing the digital signal on top of the modulated signal, I should use FSK. I was just wondering how you would go about transmitting and recieving the signal.

4. Pookeyhead

Oh OK. Just wondered as that's a Ham Radio data transmission method.

I have no idea how to help you.. I was just wondering if you had a Ham Licence. Sorry... LOL

5. gindle

gindle What's a Dremel?

I don't know what a HAM radio is. I've seen em mentioned somewhere but it dont mean nothing to me.

6. Pookeyhead

Just a bunch of old guys sitting in sheds talking to other old guys in sheds in other parts of the world :D

I like the challenge of global communication old-school style.. especially these days when communicating worldwide is so easy.

7. gindle

gindle What's a Dremel?

Sounds as boring as fishing to be honest, but hey everyman to there own.

8. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

Fishing is only boring if you're not drinking.

9. code81

code81 What's a Dremel?

Pretty simple for the transmitting end. Basically in Binary FSK what you need is to switch between 2 frequencies depending on whether a logic 0 or 1 is transmitted.

As for the receiving end, you can go the non-coherent way. Using 2 band-pass filters see if either one of the frequencies is detected.

What is your application? I suspect that ASK (placing digital signals on top of analog) would suffice.

10. gindle

gindle What's a Dremel?

I originally thought about just placing the digital signal ontop of the carry signal however there is a chance that the signal i shall be recieving wont be all tht great.

What i want to do is place a webcam ontop of a rc car. So i need to be able to transmit the 2 data channels bk. So thought use fsk. And after speaking to my electronics tutor he siad tht would prob be the best bet. If you got any other ideas i very willing to hear them. Just tht finding a fsk circuit to base mine on, on the net aint the easiest. Cheers

11. kt3946

kt3946 What's a Dremel?

12. gindle

gindle What's a Dremel?

yea that helps alot. Just a case of find the time to research it fully and test a few ideas!! Im stuck right in the middle of my AS exams so it gonna be a while till i pursue all this but it shall be done. So the more information the better i say. It all appreciated. Thanks In Advance.