1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chieftec dragon ::UPDATE Mar 25::

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by x3r0, 12 Dec 2003.

1. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

sup dude. this is looking great. the powdercoat was a great idea. but do yourself a favor and eaither get some more parts powercoated - or start painting. i would eaither like to see the inside chassis [spelling?] painted some other color... maybe like a dull color - with all the fans and stuff white, or all the parts [only on the inside] painted like blue to go with the cathodes.

paint the front of the drives white. paint the body of them blue. (powersupply-the fan bodies (specially the pink ones :worried: ) and all of the drives. then id like to see some of that pretty blue (or white?) cable mesh on all the wires ;) make it nice an'tidy. and get some white or blue heatshrink to cap it all off. and if you are real good. get some white LEDs or some blue LEDs (3mm or SMDs) and hook them up inside all the molex connectors to make a real cool effect.

and yea, swap all the power leds with eaither blue or white. i think if you used a few white LEDs inisde, you could point them at certain places to hilight areas with white, ex heatsink, ram, videocard? ... just mount them somewhere with some tape on the inside of he case wherey a cant see it, and let it shine on the mobo and have a nice white light on the mobo surrounded by blue =) i think that would be sweet.

but yes. paint all the fans and stuff blue. and get some annodized blue heatsinks for the inside =) that would look awesome!

so far- great job. its very smooth... do these minor few things i suggest- and it will look awesome.

2. Canuck

Canuck What's a Dremel?

I meet x3r0 last WALAN with his case

it was soo nice

Exept the fact i found out last WALAN some little ******s spilt coke on it :jawdrop:

3. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

I searched the thread, and looked at the pics, but I dont see an explaination on "how" and "with what" you used to make those AWESOME looking fan ports on the front?

What did you use for ducting? Did you dremmel the holes or was it a hole saw on a drill?

Working on a similar look on my blingGreen case, and I remembered seeing this case (did not remember the name of the project though) and it gave me the idea for my fan duct. I improvised a solution (don't we all!), but am curous to know what you used for your ducting and fan port building.

Looking AWESOME!
    Keep it up!

4. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

Was it pipe? Was it a butter tub? was it something that fell to Earth millions of years ago and was reciently unearthed in a plumbing accident?

WHAT?!??!!
    :D

5. x3r0

x3r0 What's a Dremel?

i Just used a standard PVC pipe that was about the same size as a 92mm fan.
    cut some holes in the front panel, sanded stuff of until the pipes could fit in then i glued them in.
    Cut them of as close as i could to the base and then filed the rest of.
    then the Putty started :)

Thanks for the comments guys
    r3q.... you have some excellent ideas, i'd definatley do prettey much all of them if i wasnt flat broke. :waah:

6. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

Hi X3R0.

I have a project going on with a Dragon miditower... Do you mind if I steal your idea about usind bondo to fill the front and make a 120mm fanduct (I think I have to use a 92mm since the grooves in front are too narrow for a 120mm fan dukt. you can check out my project by clicking on the link in my signature. I have'nt made a sketch of the fandukt, because I just reasently came up with the idea, and because I'm such a noob when it comes to sketchup 3D... :sigh:

7. x3r0

x3r0 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for being courteous, but the idea wasnt originally mine (i forget where isaw it first) , someone else had something similar and i made it different.
    Good luck with it :)

8. Pov

Pov What's a Dremel?

Nice! :D

How big is your fans? 92mm?

9. LucSkyywalker

LucSkyywalker What's a Dremel?

Sweet

White and blue are so prettty!!! Great Job dude! :D